Graduation day (Oneshot)

AN: I have no idea how high school graduations happen, other than what I've seen from movies. So bare with me here.

Emil shuffled anxiously in his blue robes. The warmth of the summer day making him feel unpleasantly sticky. It was uncharacteristically warm and he had chosen to forgo the synthetic skin coverings today. Probably a bad idea, cause now Emil felt like everyone was staring at him. But Peter loved his blue lighting scars and he was always trying to convince Emil to not cover them up. He had gone to school with them on show before, but sitting here in his blue robes with short sleeves and a ridiculous square hat on, Emil felt over exposed.

Up on stage the principle was droning on about the value of today's youth, the journey that had all taken to get here (Emil doubted that no one had been on a journey quite like his), and how proud all the faculty were. Blah, blah, blah. The newly graduating student obviously didn't care. The sun was hot and they were all seated out on the field with little to no shade. Emil wished it would just be over already. He never quite understood the excessive need for ceremony at times like this. It was a viewpoint MJ agreed with, much to Peter's amusement.

Thinking of his boyfriend, Emil turned around to peek through the long rows of blue robes and square hats. The teachers made them sit alphabetically. Emil, with Barnes as his surname, was near the front. Peter, MJ, and Ned were all at lest a row or two away. He could barely see Peter's face through the sea of blue, despite knowing exactly where his seat was. Unsatisfied, Emil straightened and craned his neck to look over at the bleachers where all the family members were seated. He had hoped that the sight would calm him. But as soon as he saw who was there, Emil sunk low in his seat and tried not to groan.

May was visible near the front. She was holding up a camera excitedly, her red sundress distinctive and bright. Behind her was the very distinctive forms of Steve, Bucky and Sam. All three were wearing the typical sunglasses and a shield cap disguise which did absolutely nothing to hide their faces. Sam seemed to be playing a game on his phone while Steve snored next to him. The ex Captain America had his head on Bucky's shoulder and was very obviously sleeping. Bucky himself seemed bored out of his brains and was munching on a bag of chips. Both Steve and Bucky were a few shades more tanned since their retirement. Steve's beard had grown out again while Bucky had actually shaved his off. He still had long hair though, which was braided down to his shoulder blades.

Emil would have been fine if those four were the only people he recognised on the bleachers. But no, his family appeared to take up nearly two rows. Shuri and T'Challa were there next to May. Both royals wearing fancy black and white clothing and black sunglasses. They stood out for their formal and the way Okyote was sitting next to them, obviously their bodyguard. Along from them was Wanda. The woman wearing a face of confusion at American customs. At her side was a Clint, who seemed to be listening to music, and Carol. The blonde woman wearing casual clothes and was smiling at something Thor had said. Then there was Rhodes and Happy on the row above, next to Sam. Both men having a whispered conversation. Even Pepper was there. Six year old Morgan on her lap, little feet kicking as she messed with her pigtails.

Emil couldn't believe they had all come. Oh god they were going to embarrass him so much. From a few rows behind him, Emil heard a exasperated groan. It seemed like Peter had noticed the extra guests too.

After what seemed like hours of the principle talking, the man finally cleared his throat and smiled down at the sweaty students. "That's all from me. Now I would like to invite the student speaker up. Please give a warm hand to the student who has scored the highest grade in the year, Peter Parker".

Emil sat up as everybody began clapping. He didn't know that Peter had been chosen to speak. From the bleachers cane some very enthusiastic cheering from May and Bucky. Polite clapping from everyone else. Although, Emil swore he heard a muffled curse as Steve was jolted awake.