Trespasser

A/N: Cindy Crawford (above) is the face claim for Jessica Bruns!

Let me know what you guys think!

"No!" 

I screamed and sat bolt upright, looking at the wall in front of me. I blinked a few times, then rubbed my eyes and remembered where I was. Abby whined beside me.

"It's okay, Abby. It was just a nightmare." I pulled her into my lap and pet her, trying to forget the nightmare I had.

My bedroom door flew open and Steve ran in. "Alexx, are you okay?"

I nodded and smiled softly. "It was just a nightmare. Sorry for waking you."

Steve straightened his stance and nodded. "Okay. Well, do you need anything while I'm in here?"

I thought for a moment. "Actually, could you lay with me? I don't know if I can sleep after that one..."

Steve is taken aback. "Y-Yeah, yeah, sure. I can do that." He climbed into the bed and laid beside me. "Was it really that bad?"

I laid down and looked at Steve. "Yeah, but I don't want to talk about it."

"Oh, I'm sorry."

"Don't be." 

Steve soon wrapped his arm around me and I used his shoulder as a pillow. "Is this okay?" He asked.

I nodded and curled up closer to him, Abby laying against my back. Before long, I was asleep again.

***

I was half asleep, my body against Steve's, Abby laying at my feet. She wasn't asleep, though. Listening carefully, I realized she was growling.

I sat bolt upright, snatching Abby from the foot of the bed as I saw a figure there. Jessica stood in front of me, wearing her old assassin garb with a silenced pistol in her hand, aiming at Steve. It was just like my nightmare.

"Stop." I warned. 

"You know, I've learned something after you were gone. The only way to get something done is to do it yourself." Jessica smiled evilly.

I slowed time as she pulled the trigger, pushing Steve off the bed with Abby on top of him. Jessica's bullet went through my shoulder instead of Steve's head, getting lodged into the wall behind me. Time returned to normal and Jess aimed at Steve again. I spread my wings quickly, standing between Steve and Jess as I held my shoulder. 

"I see that bird DNA finally worked. Took long enough." Jess sighed.

Steve got off the ground in a panic. "Alexx? What happened?"

"Take Abby and run." I ordered, not taking my eyes off of Jessica.

"Why? What's happening?" 

"Just go and get the others!"

I soon heard Steve's retreating footsteps running out of my room.

"This is just between you and me, Jess. No one else." I growled. I pushed my hand against my bleeding shoulder, pain shooting through my body.

"Fine, but once I kill you, they're next." Jess shrugged.

"Who says you won't die first?" I ran at her and she braced for impact. With my superhuman strength, I slammed into her like a train, knocking the wind out of her and throwing her to the ground.

I stood up and looked at her as she got to her knees. "So, you want to fight? Fine with me." Jess hissed. 

She aimed at me and shot again, shooting my thigh. I cried out in pain and fell to my knees.