Chapter 31

I woke up to a flash of a camera. I blinked my eyes a couple times, and realized I was still cuddling with Blake.

Holy shit I'm cuddling with Blake.

I turned my attention back to whatever was happening in front of me and saw Aura giggling.

I nudged Blake but he just held me tighter, mumbling something I couldn't make out.

"Blake!" I yelled in his ear. He jumped awake and removed his hands from me, so I jumped up and chased Aura around the dorm.

"IT WAS ADORABLE AND I'M NOT SORRY!" She yelled as she ran

"I SWEAR TO GOD AURA I WILL RIP THAT SMILE RIGHT OFF OF YOUR FACE!" I threatened, causing her to run faster.

She turned invisible and I saw the door to the dorm open and close. I sighed to myself and sat back down onto my bed.

"What was that about?" Blake said. His voice was deep, and raspy. His tired voice sure is uh-

Something.

"She took a picture of us." I pouted.

"And you got mad why?" He chuckled.

"Well it was unexpected and I um" I struggled to find the words to say. I was probably blushing like crazy.

"What's wrong? Cat got your tongue?" He teased, smirking. I punched him in the arm and stood up.

"I'm gonna go to my dorm for a little while." He said as he stood up. He was about to walk out the door when I stopped him.

"Thank you." I smiled. He smiled back and left, leaving me with my own thoughts.

I bit my lip as I tried to contain my happiness. I went over to my closet and picked out a white long sleeve shirt, and I put a baggy t-shirt over it. I then grabbed some baggy acid wash jeans.

I went to the bathroom to take a shower, and after that I changed, brushed my teeth, and then put my hair up into a ponytail with strands coming out.

I checked the time and yawned.

School started in just 10 minutes, so I quickly made my way out of the dorm.

While walking through the hallways I wasn't numb or sad like before. Instead, I was angry. I was angry at Dylan, and at myself.

I tightened my fist and made it to my classroom.

I got some sympathetic looks from other students as I sat down.

I don't know what they heard, but as long as it's not the real story its okay. I sighed in relief when I heard them whispering about some thief and the girl that stabbed me, etc.

Math went by quickly, so it was off to fighting. I put on my suit and walked out, standing next to Blake.

Of course, we were partnered together, and for once I was looking forward to the fight.

We stood in front of each other, our fists hovering in front of our faces. I saw him smirk as the buzzer rang.

I stood my ground and let him come after me. He swung at me, which I dodged, and I grabbed his arm, twisting it.

He chuckled and yanked his arm, causing me to lose my hold. I scoffed as I went after him, pretending to punch, but I distracted him and moved to kick the back of his leg, causing him to fall backward.

I look down at him in triumph and I look away briefly, when I feel a hand on my ankle.

I quickly look back and feel myself falling onto my back. I lose some of my breath as I wince in pain.

He hovered over me, our faces inches apart.

You know, this always seems to happen when we fight. Literally every single time.

You would think there was one time, but nO.

EVERY TIME.

Not that i'm complaining, but seriously.

"Where the hell did you learn that move?" I asked, turning my head to the side.

"I can teach you if you want." He whispered.

"You didn't answer my question."

"That's because I don't have too."

He got off me and I rolled my eyes as I stood up.

Class was still going on so we sparred a little more until the bell rang. I changed back into my outfit and walked out, grabbing my bag.

I swung it over my shoulder and walked to my next class, taking my books from my locker on the way.

"Hey!" Liv said running up to me. She's gotten way more comfortable around people.

"New mission today. I don't know when. I just found out like 20 minutes ago, so I guess they upped their system." She said, and then quickly left to go to her class.

I walked into History and sat down beside Blake, ready to dominate him in the debate that was gonna happen.

Today we were having a debate about heroes and villains. We all know that none of us our villains. Some students may become villains in the future yes, but for this we are trying to adapt.

The better you adapt to villain ideas, the easier it is to think like one. I was put on the heroes side, so my task was to defend heroes.

You may think its easy, but the hero system is pretty corrupt nowadays, and they don't kill anyone. They could get out of jail so easily but no.

Blake was on the villain side, mostly because the teacher wanted to see us debate. She always talked about us being the top students, and how she would love to see us argue on something.

I got my phone and placed it in on the thing in front of me.

You know, like that thing?

I don't know how to explain it.

Blake went to the opposite side of the room. The rest of the students on the hero side stood behind me, with their own facts.

"So. Taylor, would you like to start?" The teacher smiled.

I immediately went for the obvious things.

"Well for starters, your side kills innocent people, and you guys want to take over the world. So-"

"Permission to speak." Blake raised his hand. The teacher nodded and he nodded back.

"We only kill people who get in the way. History has proven that people who mind their business don't get killed. About the taking over the world part, we just want to make the world a more accepting place."

"Permission to speak." I raised my hand.

As soon as she nodded I spoke again.

"By killing everyone who disobeys and by killing all the heroes? I don't think so." I laughed.

Instead of raising his hand, he just replied.

"Yes. Some of us are cruel beyond everything and I am in no way justifying that. But the world right now is a terrible place, especially in the states. If you look different, you aren't accepted. A lot of mental health issues aren't accepted. The villains simply want to overlook these things, and kill anyone. Simple."

A couple people laughed and I giggled a little.

"I completely agree with you on the first part. But heroes want to save people and give them hope. Why take that away?" I smirked.

Blake rolled his eyes and a girl giggled behind him.

Everyone looked over to her and she shrugged. "I can't be the only one that is thinking th-"

"If you finish that sentence I will-" I started, but the teacher cut me off.

"Let's just continue, shall we?" She said, touching my shoulder to calm me down.

______________

A/N: let's just pretend the schedule for school doesn't matter because I keep neglecting the fact that schools have actual schedules :)