¹²| A New Wand {Part 2}

____________________________________

The Slytherin Prince

____________________________________

"Thoughts"

Letter

"~Parseltongue~"

":Deathtongue:"

~~~ August 2, 1990. Right where we left off ~~~

~~~ Harry's POV ~~~

Felix floated the trays over to me and gestured for me to continue. Very carefully, I stretched out and hovered my hand over the different cores. But, to my utter surprise, I didn't feel one warm tug I felt several. I reached out and grabbed a vial containing what was labelled as 'Basilisk fang suspended in Venom'. The fang shard was suspended in black viscous fluid. Felix's eyes widened and his jaw was hitting the floor.

"No one has ever had a Basilisk fang core" he whispered in awe, that's when I knew I was screwed.

I sighed and picked up the other three items and I heard a heavy thud behind me. As I predicted, Felix was in a heap on the floor, in a dead faint. I just let out a resigned sigh and accepted that nothing will ever be normal in my life.

"Harry, love, what did you pick for the cores?" asked Narcissa, wide-eyed, like the rest, staring at my four-cored wand. I passed over the Basilisk fang soaked in its venom, a strip of dementors cloak - which like its previous owner made the person holding the vial feel pure undiluted fear and hopelessness, a tail feather of a Dark Phoenix, said to be the rarest magical creature known to Wizardkind - how Felix got its tail feather was beyond me. Lastly, the vial of crushed Hungarian Horntail scales - which still shimmered in hues of blue and purple.

The others, and Felix when he finally woke up, stared at my four cores with utter awe. Even I was starting to feel a bit uncomfortable with all the staring.

When they finally broke out their trance, Felix motioned for me to continue. I knew that I was in store for more jaw-drops, apparently, because God decided that my life can never be normal! I hovered my hand over the different blocks of woods and smaller blocks for the handles along with various other metals and precious stones and metals.

I finally picked up a block of wood that was so compressed - with hardly any wood grains at all, and so very black, that it looked like a bar of metal. The piece of wood radiated such raw magic that I almost dropped it when I picked it up, it was so warm and seemed to thrum with power when it came in contact with my skin. There was another groan from Felix, who had almost fainted, again, and had to be held up by Remus. I picked up a smaller block of Bone-White wood, Yew.

But that wasn't all!

My hand moved as if it had a mind of its own, and picked up an uncut emerald and a block of pure Platinum. Felix looked like he was going to faint again.

He spoke in feverish voice, "Basilisk Fang soaked in its potent venom, it's rumoured that only speakers of the Snake-tongue can use a wand made from that core", "Well they got that right" I interrupted, annoyed. "A strip of a Dementor's cloak, only those who have never feared Death can use that core. A tail feather of a Dark Phoenix, only the most powerful Wizards have that core, it's rumoured that Merlin's was one too. My family has had that core for centuries but it has never chosen a master - until now", he said with a touch, maybe more, of awe.

"The crushed scales of a Hungarian Horntail, a vicious predator, small but agile and very deadly. It shows that you will protect those you love fiercely. It, mixed with the Basilisk Venom, helps bind the cores together to ensure the stability of the core and ensure that the opposing qualities of the cores do not react badly".

Then he turned, to the block of Black coloured wood with white swirls, with a look of fear. "A block of wood from an Elder Whomping Willow, a wand has never been made with that wood...ever. People have never been able to go close enough to the tree to obtain a piece without being killed. This is the only block ever in existence, it was passed down from my family through centuries, it is said to have been blessed by death itself" he whispered, but everyone heard him.

"The Elder Whomping Willow and Yew combined, make a wand so fiercely loyal that it will never work for anybody else...even with permission, not that I think that anyone can channel their magic through a wand this powerful. Their magical core will be sucked dry, literally, with a simple levitation charm" he finished wryly.

"Emerald is said to be the stone that can channel magic the best. It is the reason why the most treasured pieces of jewellery by Muggle Royals and the Wizarding Nobility is almost always made from Emerald. It is because they are made with powerful enchantment woven through them that they keep the wearer extremely protected" he explained.

"Platinum is the most expensive metal to make pure jewellery from, without any plating. It is used to show wealth, power and stature among the Elite - to show who is in authority. I believe Lord Malfoy's wand has some Platinum in it?" he asked at the end, gesturing to said person, who just nodded, trying to take in the information.

"Sirs and Ma'am, if you all return in around two hours I will have all your wands completed", said Felix, eyeing the materials with a crazed look in his eyes, as if he was going to be doing drugs.

"Sir, if I may, can I stay and watch while you work?" I asked, extremely curious as to how wands are made. Felix looked up, "You can call me Felix young Lord, and yes, you may stay and watch while I make your wand as I am sure it will be more interesting. Come back in an hour". "Thank you, Felix, you can call me Hadrian", I thanked as I strode out of the shop the rest of the crowd falling in step behind and beside me.

We made our way back to Diagon Alley, and from there to a clothing store called 'Madam Malkin's' in time for my appointment that Dobby had made the previous day. Once I entered the lady, who I presume was Madam Malkin, started bustling around taking measurements using a magical measuring tape and started explaining the different options and materials along with the charms and enchantments that can be added to the clothes.

Time to go on a shopping spree!