epilogue

SURPRISE!!

"Baby, where'd you put the candy bowl?"

"Uh...I think it's on top of the fridge?" Spencer squeaks from the bedroom.

You stand on your tiptoes, hand reaching around the top of the fridge until it lands on a plastic bowl. You grin and pull it down, setting it on the counter. You tear open the bags of assorted candy—small KitKats, Reese's, Snickers—pouring them into the bowl. Spencer comes rushing into the kitchen, and you grin at the sight of his Pennywise costume.

"Jesus, Spence, did you have to dress so scary?" You tease.

He walks over to you, wrapping his arms around your waist. "Oh, I'm so sorry. Am I scaring my wife?"

You laugh, pressing a kiss to his lips. You pull away after a moment, Spencer sticking his hand in the candy bowl. You slap his wrist and he pulls back, rubbing it slightly.

"Ow," he murmurs.

"The candy is for the children," you tell him, running your hands through his ever-growing head of hair.

"I mean, I act like a child," he says, fingers fiddling with the hem of the dress you're wearing. "Also, I thought the theme for tonight was horror film characters."

You gasp. "Take it back. Midsommar is a horror film. And Dani Ardor is a character within that film." You swipe his hands away from your white dress, embroidered with blue Harga markings. You adjust the flower crown on your head. "Just because it's psychological horror doesn't mean it's not horror."

"Okay, okay," he says, holding up his hands in surrender, a crooked smile on his face.

"You'd think after two years of us being together, you'd know not to argue with me," you mutter, grinning as you pick up the candy bowl.

You put the candy bowl on the small table beside the couch, plopping down as you grab the remote. Spencer sits next to you, throwing an arm over your shoulder as you line up your Halloween movies.

"Whatcha wanna watch first?"

"Can we start with Nightmare Before Christmas?" He asks, his fingers trailing around your shoulder.

You nod. "Mhm, but we get to watch Coraline next."

You start the movie, snuggling into Spencer. You twist the wedding ring around your left ring finger absent-mindedly, glancing up at Spencer. His eyes are fixated on the screen, and you lean in, planting a small kiss on his white cheek. His hazel eyes turn to you, giving you a small grin.

"Pay attention," he murmurs, giving you a little kiss.

"Careful, baby boy," you murmur against his lips. "Remember who's in charge."

He chuckles, and you practically jump when the doorbell rings. Spencer's face lights up, and he jumps off the couch, grabbing the candy bowl. You giggle as you watch him cross over to the door, opening it to reveal kids in costumes with their parents.

"Trick or treat!" They yell, big grins on their faces.

"Ahhh, here you go!" Spencer shouts, watching the kids grab the candy from the bowl. "Hey, kids, want a...balloon?" He grabs the red balloon from behind the door he bought just for tonight, small shrieks of laughter coming from the kids.

You laugh, your grin growing as Spencer hands one of the kids his balloon, shutting the door as they walk away. He turns around, a cheesy smile on his face as he puts the candy bowl down. He settles back onto the couch, lacing his fingers with yours as he does.

The rest of the night passes almost exactly the same—Halloween movies and Spencer greeting the kids trick or treating. Halloween is Spencer's favorite holiday, and you always tried to make it special for him. Eventually, the candy bowl runs out, and you turn off the porch light before walking around to the back of the couch, running your fingers through Spencer's hair.

He leans his head back, the back of his head hitting the couch, looking up at you. You smile, leaning down to give him a kiss.

"Trick or treat?"

He thinks for a minute, biting the inside of his cheek. "Treat."

You grin. "I was hoping you'd say that. Be right back."

You walk into the bedroom, pulling out a Halloween themed bag, filled to the brim with black tissue paper. You walk back into the living room, sitting crisscross on the couch, facing Spencer as you hand him the bag.

"What's this?"

"Just open it, Spence."

He grins at you as he takes the tissue paper out of the bag, throwing it onto the floor. He peers into the bag before reaching inside, pulling out a small orange onesie, made out to look like a carved pumpkin. Spencer knits his brows, looking down at the onesie then up at your smiling face. His eyes widen and his jaw drops open as he realizes.

"You're pregnant?"

"Yeah, I am," you say softly, your smile growing.

Spencer drops the onesie into the bag before leaning toward you, and you giggle as he pulls your body to him, pressing his lips against yours. He kisses your lips, then your cheeks, your forehead, your nose, before settling back on your lips. The kiss is sweet, and you pull back, cupping the sides of his face.

"I'm gonna be a dad," he whispers, his hands running up your back.

"Yes, you are, Spence," you whisper back.

His hands move to your stomach, and he rubs the small bump softly, almost like if he puts too much pressure it'll hurt you. You put your hands on top of his, his hazel eyes flicking up to yours.

"I've been thinking about names," you tell him, his hands still moving up and down your stomach.

"What were you thinking?" He asks softly.

"I like the name Oliver if it's a boy," you say softly. "Oliver Alexander."

"I like that," he murmurs. "I have an idea for a girl."

"What is it?" You ask, your hands snaking up to his face again.

"Ella Diana," he says softly.

"That's beautiful." You lean forward, pressing your lips to his.

You two stay like that for a moment, softly kissing each other, Spencer's hands resting on your stomach. After a few minutes, he pulls away, laughing breathily.

"I love you," he whispers.

"I love you, too." You rub your thumb along his cheek. "So, was it a good Halloween?"

"It was the best Halloween, Y/n," he replies. "And just think, next year, we'll get to spend it with our kid."

"Yeah, Spence." You kiss his forehead before looking into his hazel eyes. "We will. Our little family."

And that idea alone gives you all the comfort you need. You, Spencer, and your little pumpkin—together. Your family.

And you can't wait for your future together.

——————————————
Author's Note
SURPRISEEE! I figured y'all deserve a little epilogue for this fic since it ended so abruptly. It takes place 2 years later—so season 4 Spencer. And they're married🥺 I just wanted to write a little wholesome epilogue because y'all deserve it.
Thank y'all for being so supportive <3 You all are the BEST. :)
And now, that's all she wrote. Hope you enjoyed Innocence :)