Six

She laid in bed without a single thought. Her body wouldn't allow her to sleep. Her stomach was in knots and the coils just kept looping and tightening. She had a midterm tomorrow and she knew that despite all her effort she probably would get a good enough grade to pass the the class.

She missed Elijah. He was gone for a couple days for a business trip. He had been too busy to call her. Clara remarked that it was moments like these that she craved his support the most. Or maybe a nice belly. Either was better than her current sleeplessness. 

If the midterm wasn't stressful enough as it was, her parents were like 20 pounds of extra weight to carry. She didn't know how much longer she could continue to lie (or rather not tell them) about her current living situation. When she moved to the city, it was under the premise that her friend would be able to care for her. But beyond the present lack of said friend, the friend was never home to begin with. On top of that, there was the issue of boys. She was forbidden from dating, let alone living with boys. She was solely responsible for studying and getting a degree. Clara was contradicting everything she promised her parents she would do. All the while she was lying. It made her feel dirty.

Clara knew she would eventually bring Elijah to her parents. He would grow on them slowly but as of right now if she brought him home she would lose all access to him. For now, she decided, she would sneak around. Lying was the only way she could maintain the fragile balance of her world. She knew if she didn't keep everything under control, her world would fracture at its very seams.

Days later, Elijah sat in a buzzed slump. He was missing Clara, but was determined to maintain the balance between work and his personal life. Even if it made him day drink.

Elijah stared at his newly filled picture frame. His baby smiling into the camera. There was no other that could capture his attention like her. Her bright expression was a remind that he could get through the day. That she would be at home waiting.

Elijah drank nonetheless. Mainly because he was utterly loss about what his next move is with Clara. He was painfully unsure of himself. He knew what he wanted and what he wanted to do but was uncertain on how to get everything he desired.

When the phone rang Elijah was quick to lift the device to his ears. Her name lighting his screen was a reprieve from his thoughts and the loads of boring paperwork. "Hello?" His voice, a breathless coo. His vision blurred and his mind melted. His brain giving all control to his aching heart.

"Hi, Eli!" Clara chirps into the phone, her voice achingly sweet. He was sure he would have cavities from her voice alone.

"Hi baby. What can I do for you?"

"Well.... I wanted to see if I could come to your work in your break to eat lunch with you.... if it's okay with you of course!" He adored her nervous shake in her voice and relaxed against his chair.

"Whatever you want is done, baby. We've talked about this. Also, you don't need to call to come to my office. Your presence is always wanted and enjoyed," he rumbled. He eyed the picture once more, allowing his imagination to sculpt her expression. Would it be jovial? Insecure? Excited? His secretary breaks his daydream with a pink sticky note. The squeak of her heels made his lip curl up in distaste. He never liked heels; they were not only loud but completely impractical.

"Okay! Well I'm entering now I'll see you very soon."

"Why you little—" she hung up before he could scold her. She, despite asking and following his rules, knew he would say yes to her and only asked out of courtesy.

"Sir, there is a—"

"Send in my little girl," he had no patience for his PA's wariness of his beautiful baby. She was probably jealous that she was so youthful. Elijah was not oblivious to her midlife crisis.

"Hi, Eli!" Clara sang as she closed the door behind her. Her voice was a wonderful melody in the dark and woodsy room. Her pale and pastel silhouette was a desired contrast to the dark room. She brought life into the room and his soul. Where she went, light and life followed behind her like happy servants. She was able to capture everyone's love; it was what made her so ethereal and exotic to Elijah.

"Lock the door, baby. I don't want anyone interrupting us."

He opened his arms and watched as she placed the basket down on his desk and trotted onto his lap. She fit comfortably there and Elijah adored the warmth that came with her. Her fragrance was stronger today. She smelt like lemon bread. It was sweet, yet tangy enough to make him lose all grasp of his senses. He never liked lemon treats, but now all he ever craved was lemon bars and tarts.

"How are we today?" He kissed her collarbone, practically drooling at the sweet tang of her skin. It was decadent treat that he craved every night. He couldn't resist planting kisses, just to have a little taste of true exhilaration; he hoped that by planting little kisses he'd perhaps be able to grow a part of him in her like she did to him. He wanted her to have the same lovely plant around her heart like he did. The idea of them being equally possessive of each other was enough to make him smirk against her skin.

She was angled in a way that invited him to plant more, to cultivate and nurture his seed, but he knew better. He had to be patient, ease into the garden. Lord knows the garden she created was fully blossomed; but he wanted her garden to be twice as beautiful, and that beauty would require time. It would require patience, something Elijah acknowledged was a vain of his.

"Very happy! I did surprisingly good on my tests! I got a C+ on my Don Quixote essay! I thought I bombed that!" She giggled against his neck, her saliva marking his neck. It was unconscious, but he still felt a sense of wolfish excitement in her act of possession. He caressed the skin exposed at her lower back which caused her to unconsciously arch into his side. "I wanted to come and celebrate with you!" She rambled and brought the basket over. He moved his work out of the way and they unpacked their lunches.

"Wow baby... this is quite the set up," his breath against her ear sent tingles down her back.

"Thank you! I wanted it to be extra special!"

He laid a slow and loving kiss behind her ear and muttered his thanks. Which caused a delicious blush to coat her cheeks and neck. She could feel tension building within a deeper part as her desire rose to a higher level. It was as if he could taste her arousal on her skin as he let his lips roam her skin happily.

It took him time to work up the courage to kiss her again. Although having the most kissable lips he'd ever seen, he was fearful that his self control would be lost.

He wanted to taint her in the slowest, most controlled way possible. He didn't want to completely consume her. He wanted to make it slow for her safety and for his sanity. He was sure the minute he got to indulge in sexual pleasure he would lose all form of control and completely devour her.

But she would love it. A voice purred in his head, which made him claim her lips with burning excitement.

She reciprocated and clutched the hair at the nape of his neck so tightly he growled and pinned her hands to his chest.

Every whimperor hesitation was completely swamped by his lips. He inhaled her pleasure. Breathed it in and practically moaned at the feeling of her tongue in his mouth. When she parted her lips were dry despite wearing chapstick and her two heartbeats hammered at her, making her squirm against his knee, which sent temptation rolling down his spine.

The greedy beast wanted to dull that ache, but he knew that it was too soon. He would have to wait to taste her.

"Let's eat shall we," he pointed toward the decadent food with his finger. His baby hummed and adjusted so her back was to him, her ass digging into the item that desired her the most. He burned with her warmth now, but he would rather be scorched with desire than spend another minute without her.