Chapter 19 [ Beresford church ]

It was already twilight when some maid decided to look for me. I was left alone inside the same garden where I met Augustine.

No matter how much I tried to shake off what Elina said with any sort of activities, her stern soft voice still replaying inside my head like a 10 hours of music video on YouTube.

When I walk pass the area where those noble kids were having tea party, maids who were cleaning those area shift their attention towards me.

Well, probably because I was the rumoured daughter of Valentine family.

The same maid who found me left after she brought me to the garden where Aphrodite and the queen was. She hurriedly walk away as I make my way to my mother.

I stopped in one place when I see the queen and Aphrodite talk to someone in white cloak. On the back of the cloak was a symbol of a sun and a moon, clashing against each other.

That's when I realised it was the symbol of the holy church. Something instantly hit my head when I thought of the novel.

I forgot that holy temple and church are different. Holy temple is the place where they do purification and healing by using magic, where church is a place to pray or confess their sins. 

Because of the female protagonist, Rowland had a bad relationship with the holy temple. But, That doesn't mean they have a good relationship with the church either.

Why?

Duh, because the church and the holy temple is basically the same lol.

On Saturday, commoners must go to the church to pray and listen to the pope's speech.

On Sunday, it was noble's turn but the royal family also joined.

Despite having the royal family joined in, Ares and Aphrodite has never seem to visit the church once, both inside the novel and reality.

Well, Ares did start to go since the female protagonist became the maiden of torch light. While Aphrodite stopped going ever since she pushed the female protagonist off the cliff.

Even when she's gone, Aphrodite was not called to lit the torch now.

I watched the two noble women had a not so friendly conversation with the church follower. I soon step up to Aphrodite because my gossip side is triggering.

"Mother, I have returned." With a simple statement, Aphrodite shift her attention to me, same goes to the church man and the queen.

"Greetings to your majesty, and...?"

I lift my head up to see the man and he was also looking down on me. A smile appears on his face and I did not receive a good aura coming out of him.

"Oh my, is this the daughter of duke Ares and duchess Aphrodite? I see, she spilt the half image of you two alot. Especially that shimmering pink eyes.."

That man reached out his hand as if he wanted to touch my eyes, but Aphrodite stopped him.

"Adelliana, come here. He's the pope of Beresforf church. You shouldn't casually approach him like this."

I ran to hide behind her and peek at that so called pope.

"Haha, seeing cute kid like her make me wanted to pat her head. I apologise if I offended you, your excellency." The pope smoothly get away but I ain't buying what he said.

Who the fuck aim for your eyes when they wanted to pat someone's head? Here, have a holy middle finger for lying ^^.

In spite of meeting for the first time, I already knew that this man and I won't have a good relationship. It would mostly be a fake friendly relation.

"Since it's already past 5'o clock, I must bid your majesty and her excellency farewell. Until we met again, queen Perseis, Duchess Aphrodite and lady Adelliana."

The pope respectfully bow his head down and walk away until his figure disappears.

Just what is up with today?! I met Elina who told me that I have weird bad shit mana and this pope who doesn't give me a good feeling!!

"Hah, that pope is untrusting as ever..." The queen sighed and rub her temple.

"Please be careful, duchess. Especially when your daughter's magic is acting up. I suggest you to not let your daughter wander around so much. If the holy temple or church found out about her natural speciality, they'all definitely after her for sure. I'm worried about Delaphina time to time but since the emperor is always with her, along with her fairy guardian, I'm relieved. So look out for both. I'm going now, let's have a private tea time another day."

Perseis waved her hand and leave with maids accompanied her from behind. Aphrodite and I also bid her a formal farewell and leave.

She did not speak alot and only grip my small hand tightly like someone will steal me away from her.

"Mommy, don't worry! I won't go anywhere!" I cheer her up with my loud and cheery self.

She smiled a bit and lightly flick my forehead.

"Of course, you won't be going anywhere but I'm worried someone will take you away from mommy and daddy."

Her worried and sad expression already told me that she also doesn't trust that pope from earlier. I knew it! that pope is fishier than fresh fish from fish market.

"Hehe, they can't take me anywhere because daddy taught me not to follow strangers when they offer me good food or money and I won't follow them because daddy can afford me a giant cake and a room filled with treasure for me!"

I'm not wrong and I'm not exaggerating anything. Ares owned many treasure storages. His treasures mostly came from the emperor or when he goes to war.

Aphrodite laughed at my hidden greediness as we walked to the carriage. Since we went pass the royal court this time, we saw Ares exited from the hall.

I immediately ran to him and loudly yell.

"Daddy!!! We came to pick you up!!!"

Ares lift his eyebrow when he saw me ran to him in a fast speed, before I could even reach him, he already pick me up.

"You shouldn't run."

Because we are in the palace or what? Is this school rule?

"You will trip, break your teeth, get a bloody wound, cry out loud and cause commotion. I don't want to deal with that." His coldness was bitter than bitter gourd. I bite my lips and fist my hands into ball.

"Adele, don't do that next time. If you see your father, ignore him. We aren't here to disturb his works or pick him up, okay? Leave him and ignore him as if he was a bug. ^^"

Wow, if Ares is an air conditioner that turn on during winter then Aphrodite is the north pole herself.

They exchanged cold glare as I interrupted them.

"Let's go home! You both can do staring contest at home, I can be judge!"

"You will choose your mother's side for sure."

"I'm not a cheater, I can easily win at this staring contest, especially when my opponent is someone I would like to beat."

Ah yes, what a lovely day for us family.