Q&A

Hey guys, I thought it would be fun to include a little Q&A section where I just answer questions that you may have (or you could even drop some down in the comments I'd be more than happy to answer!). They are pretty broad questions I'll be answering but I honestly just want to provide some reasoning as to why I wrote it the way I did I guess lol.

What made you want to write this book in the first place?

I literally have such a love for werewolf books however I've never found exactly what I wanted in one (they've come pretty close though I won't lie). So how do you fix that? You write the book yourself! Though it was a huge task to take on it is honestly my most proudest accomplishment to date. 

Why did you start writing this book again?

As some of you may know, I actually started writing this book a few years ago but due to some life hardships I had to stop writing. However, when the coronavirus hit and we went in to quarantine I started eyeing it on my profile again and I was going insane so I decided to pick it up once again without really knowing where it would take me. While I'm not trying to get sad or dark, when I was in quarantine I was in such a dark place mentally and physically and this book honestly probably saved my life. Without it I don't even want to fathom where I would be mentally right now as it truly gave light to my day and gave me motivation to get up in the morning. This also goes to all of you that voted, commented, gave feedback and even life advice! You guys were my motivation! 

Why is it called, "The Luna and Her Moon"?

I really hope you have all caught on to why I titled it TLAHM or I'm gonna cry lol but it's because Anna is the Luna and as we know from the tattoo she gave Xavier, he's her moon! I wanted it to be a mystery and it definitely was for a long while since you didn't learn why until almost the end but I love it anyway lol.

Who is your favourite character(s) to write about?

I loved writing about our main characters such as Anna and Xavier, Mason and Theo as well as Andrea and Carter but I think if I were to pick the ones who were the most funny and exciting to write about I would hands down pick Mason and Theo. Together and apart they are so ridiculous and every scene with them was always a blast. I think the most funniest scenes to write was when they tried to blend into the kitchen wall and also our goof ball Mason looking for a moment to shine when he faked his death. Though it was so annoying of Mason to do, it was definitely true to his character so it was hilarious to write and read the comments on it too lol.

What did you learn about yourself when writing this book?

Truthfully I think the biggest thing I learned is that I LOVE writing. I love it so much that I've contemplated if I'm going into the wrong career but I'm also well aware that it's very difficult to make it as a writer and I may not be up to those standards so I think I'll just keep it as a hobby :)

Which scene or chapter is your favourite?

I don't really know why I'm trying to answer this question because there is just so many that I love but I think I'd have to choose the scene where Anna and Xavier are watching a movie with Mason and Theo and she keeps wanting to sit on Xavier's lap like Theo is with Mason and then Xavier finally catches her looking at them and catches on and ahhh it's just so adorable to me I can't even with all my babies.

What is your writing process like?

I'm definitely a pantser as I feel too constricted if I set up a tight outline to follow but I did end up writing a rough outline or just things that still needed to occur about halfway through the story so I could make sure I could hit the major points along the way. It's also really fun to see where my mind takes me when I just start typing away!

Why did you choose to write about a girl with a dark past?

I definitely chose to write about Anna and her trauma because I found that every time I encountered a story with a character that suffered a traumatic experience, the author would glaze over it and they would be magically cured over night. Unfortunately that's not how it works when it comes to traumatic experiences as trauma is not that black and white. When someone is suffering from trauma it can take years or even a lifetime to recover, with so many bumps in the road along the way. People face anxiety, anxiety attacks, nightmares, jumpiness when in proximity to others, trust issues, constant fear, setbacks throughout the healing process and so much more, similar to Anna. I guess what I wanted to do was give insight to individuals reading this who aren't as familiar with the recovery process or even survivors themselves that can learn that they aren't alone. <3

Why wasn't Xavier your typical big and vicious Alpha?

There are so many tropes revolving around a big and brooding Alpha that has a bad personality (which I'm not bashing at all btw, I love these types of books as well) but I wanted to change it up a bit. Xavier is supposed to be a representation that men in power do not need to treat their followers or in this case pack members as beneath them simply because they have power. Throughout this story we also saw Xavier's vulnerable and silly side which he showed to everybody and not just his mate instead of putting on a front like many in power tend to do. We also saw Xavier cry which was a big thing I wanted to put in here because so many view a man crying as weak and beneath a man of Xavier's power but why should it be? If anything it shows that their strong if you ask me because they are willing to reveal their emotions, which is such a beautiful thing! Go Xavier lol!

Why did you emphasize the equality of genders within the packs? (this probably wouldn't be a question someone would ask but I really want to breach the topic lol)

One of the themes I find so often within werewolf stories is the oppression of women simply because of their gender (once again not bashing, it's simply not my cup of tea :) ). When Xavier explained how the packs worked, this was one of his key points, that females and males would be treated equally and not as if they were lower due to their sex. I found throughout this story that if I could break the typical norms or tropes within a werewolf story, I would jump at the chance! This is why Xavier and Anna were at the same level of status and held equal decisions and rights when it came to their pack, Anna receiving her own office (why hasn't anyone done this yet?!), both Anna and Xavier revealing their shy and vulnerable side and why neither of them had a power struggle or a moment where Xavier told Anna it was not her place within the pack to do something.

 What are you going to miss the most now that the book is finished?

I'M GOING TO MISS YOU GUYS SO MUCCHHHHHHH I CAN'T EVEN! :((((( I'm so sad that this story has come to an end and I'll no longer see y'alls comments when a new update has been posted. I literally appreciate each and every one of you for your love and support on this book and everyone's overall kindness! I've truly been touched by the reactions I've gotten to this book and it makes me so happy to know others have enjoyed it as much as I have writing it :). This has been such an amazing experience for me and y'all have made it a gazillion times better!!

I do have another book that I plan to start as soon as possible so definitely keep an eye out for that if you'd like to see more from me! :)

Anyways, I think I'm going to stop here as I don't know what else to answer lol. I hope you enjoyed this Q&A and as always stay safe and healthy! <3

I love y'all and always, always, always feel free to reach out as I'd love to talk to all of you!

xx kerfuffled_