Chapter 85

Rolli and Dev had extended their stay on Ranvijay's request, they understood that Aadhavan and Neelambari would love to have some more time with little Rathore Princess. She had become life of the Palace. Dev didn't miss that Rathore lives now revolved around little Vrushali, who slowly was getting familiar to all voices and faces around her.

Dev sat on the marble bench with Laddoo in her arms. His forefinger and thumb gently massaged he forehead. He smiled when she her eyelids drooped. He gently stopped the massage and she opened her eyes staring at him. Dev chuckled, he repeated, and she responded the same way. ''I am your mamu, not your masseur.'' Vrushali seemed to disagree as she started moving her limbs. Dev chuckled pecking her forehead. ''What makes you this happy?'' Dev repeated the massage and then stopped it mid way and Vrushalli again stared back at him.

''That is how dare you stop look.'' Rolli said with a smile

''This one is going to be a bigger drama then you.''

''She must be. Otherwise who will extract my revenge from Vicky.'' Dev just rolled his eyes. He always believed Vikram to be a harsh one but now, he knew his wife was the leader in all kinds of pranks.

''I will be out for the evening. Ani, will stay with Patti.''

''Anything urgent.''

''Meeting an old friend.'' Dev stared at his wife; her face was blank. He smiled. ''Just meet, don't kill.'' She just smiled, but it was high time she taught lesson to someone.

***

Ananya paced her room, her eyes going to the door. She and Ranvijay wanted things to go smooth for Vansh and Chitra . To attain that, they had decided to first talk to the kids. Ananya shook her head, she had asked Chitra to meet her in the evening, but the girl had gone crazy about her job. Ananya was about to make a call when Chitra stepped in with a knock. ''Good evening Hukum!''

''Why are you late?''

''I was smelling like a cocktail of spices.'' Ananya sook her head pulling Chitra down next to her. ''Listen to me and carefully. Hereon, you will do as I say.'' Chitra nodded. ''Chitra, Sitara will not agree and will do all in her might to stop you from going ahead with your relationship with Vansh.''

''We already had a fight yesterday.''

Ananya huffed. ''This is what I wanted to talk about, Ranvijay will handle your mother. Hereon, you will not react to Sitara's anger. Whatever she does or says, be neutral. You are going to handle her anger silently.''

''Hukum, its difficult. I too have her anger.''

''Chitra, take it as an order. Sitara is using her anger, you will counter with silence. If I hear about you disobeying me, I will pluck both your ears.'' Chitra pressed her lips nodding her head. Ananya patted her cheek, a smile stretched on to her lips. ''Attack is countered with an attack. Aggression can only be handled by well thought silence.'' Ananya recalled the lesson Rudrani Devi taught her. No wonder, people feared her silence more than words. Chitra took her and leave, Ananya decided to speak to Dipika first. Ranvijay was the last option, she knew Sitara had always been close to Dipika and she could change things for her.

***

Vikram gently rolled the ball as Ani tried to hit it. Ani missed the shot running after the ball to hit it. Vikram and others waited patiently for him to come back. Badal followed the little boy and he tried hard to hit the small ball hard. Ani finally could roll the back ball to Vikram and then dropped his bat tired. Lifting his tiny arms up he pleaded. ''I am tired Mamu.'' Vikram smiled lifting him up. ''My little Ani is such a good boy.'' Ani rubbed his face all over Vikram's shoulder, grabbed on to his shirt and dozed off. ''He is nothing like our Princess.'' Badal added