☽ 26 ☾

Jimin was sitting outside on the house, on the ground, playing with baby wild animals. He was holding a few birds in his hand while watching wolf pups chase each other around. Yoongi was sitting on the porch, right behind him. Alert and attentive, just in case someone decided to attack Jimin, even though his eyes were closed. They had trained for hours until Yoongi gave him the permission to take a break. Yoongi made him practice from the break of dawn and currently it was mid day. 

"Yoongi look!" Jimin chirped turning around. 

The elder lazily opened his eyes a little to see what the younger was showing. Jimin hummed a little tune and then waited. A few moments later the birds copied the same tune. And the younger brust into fits of giggles hearing that. He tried once again until he was giggling too much to continue any further. 

"Those are lyrebirds." Yoongi stated, "They are known for copying sounds. Usually the calls of other birds and they are exceptionally good at it. They can even fool predators by it."

Jimin eyes widen in surprise hearing that. He gently patted the bird's head, running his finger down its body before twirling it around its pretty tail. Seconds later the pups started to whine, fighting among each other. The birds twitched its head, listening to the pups whine. Then they jumped, facing Jimin and copied the sound. In the exact same tone and manner as the pups. They were so good, even the pups looked around confused. They were hearing the voice but unable to find the other 'pup'. 

Yoongi chuckled, closing his eyes once again. And Jimin soon got indulged in trying to make as many sounds as he could and then wait for the birds to copy them. He was so focused on it he failed to see the elder looking at him with an adoring gaze. 

Suddenly, Jimin's attention shifted. When he looked up to see what made him lose his focus, he saw Yoongi standing up and facing the trees. The elder was growling lowly in his throat. Confused, Jimin went near the elder. He had so many questions and the stone felt that. It started to glow and the next thing Jimin knew was his vision going black. 

His knees buckled together and legs gave in. However, he knew that Yoongi was there to catch him before fell. 

"I got you." Yoongi assured, holding Jimin by his waist and sharing his weight. Jimin had learned to use the powers of the stone. He knew when the stone's powers came into effect. But in most cases, it wasn't on his will. And whenever it did, his body gave out. 

Jimin whimpered. There were too many noises echoing in his ears. His breath became uneven. Hearbeat increasing. 

"Focus Jimin, remember what I taught you in the morning." Yoongi whispered, "Focus on my voice and then channel the powers."

Jimin nodded weakly. He closed his eyes and tried to block out all the sounds. Focusing just on the deep voice coming from the elder. His heartbeat. It took him a few moments, but he was able to concentrate. Slowly, he shifted the focus. 

"Now, search for what you want to hear." Yoongi reminded. 

Jimin pressed his lips together. And questioned himself – What am I searching for? What did Yoongi hear? 

Jimin gasped. It worked! He was able to hear the sounds coming from the forest beyond the house. He focused on it. Growling. Howls. Wolves, he concluded. 

Immediately, his stone stopped glowing and his vision came back to normal. He took in deep breaths and gained his balance back. 

"Wolves." Jimin announced. 

"Are they coming this way?" Yoongi asked. 

Jimin shook his head, "They are heading to the Grove."