chapter 41

Trail of vodka burned inside my throat and I clucked my tongue couple of times to ward the taste off my mouth.

Why the hell it tastes so bad.

Gulping down the remaining contents, I stretched the cup out to bartender who suspiciously eyed me as if he was planning to keep the rest of the bottle for himself.

Finally he gave in and refilled my cup which I chugged down instantly.

I had no more energy to lift the cup once again, instead i just placed it on the counter and rested my head against my arm.

My worn out sneakers promised to give up on me way sooner than I would like them to.

What a deceptive world!

Why does she not talk to me!

She hasn't contacted me since...

Feeling my eyelids turning heavy,I played with the idea of falling asleep right then and there.

The only problem was... the music was too damn loud!

But only if I could just tune it out...

It won't be too bad after all. Only if i-

"...back to earth!"

My eyes shot open at the familiar voice under the drumbeat and I forced myself up, as the cracks and knots went off my already sleepy joints.

"Beck." I slurred out her name regarding her dashing smile under that observant stare which denied all the dumb jokes against most blonde girls.

Dropping her purse on the counter she held my shoulder,"you okay?"

An automatic chuckle escaped me. A habit."you heard what happened." It was a statement. Not a question.

She sucked her lips in, stealing her gaze away as she flopped back on stool, adjusting her skirt down her thighs.

"Che told me what happened back in the dorm while I was on my way here."
She admitted finally looking back at me.

I nodded.

Ofcourse her boyfriend would tell her.

Gripping the cup, I slid it towards the bartender who shared a glance with Beck but filled my cup nonetheless.

The contents of the liquor killed away some of the already building rasp in my throat as I inhaled deeply.

The loud beating of the music thrumming from loud stereo didnt help the dizziness in my head.

"Fuck." I clenched my head.

Unbuttoning the top fee buttons I let my self to breathe fully. It was slowly getting claustrophobic here.

"You need to stop drinking." Came her voice.

I was too lazy to turn towards her.

"I haven't drank enough yet." Mumbling I eyed the dancing bodies around me.

I could hardly make out their faces under the flickering blue and green lights. They had no care of the world.

Or maybe they had but won't give a damn?

"Do you even hear me?"

My head snapped back to her,"huh?"

She sucked in an exaggerated amount of breath eyeing my exposed chest and held my hand removing it from the cup," So did you contact her?"

I stiffened.

Contact her?

How the fuck did she knew about Faith!

She cleared her throat, sensing the change in the air," Che told me about it but I swear I haven't-"

"When?" I gritted out.

She flinched invisibly but bit on her lip once again.

"Listen I know-"

"I said, when?" I cut her dismissive crap.

Who the fuck did he think he was? How could he just....

"On your wedding day."

"The fuck!" I shot up from my seat.

The sudden moment leaving me all woozy as I gripped the counter to support myself up.

"It was supposed to be a brocode!" I shouted over the hellish music that was fucking up my brain now.

"I know, alright," she jumped off the stool as well, grabbing my arm," I know but he trusted me with this stuff and he knew that I wont tell anybody so-"

"Bullshit!" I closed my eyes shut and inhaled a long breath," it doesn't give him the right to spill out everything!" I should've known he would blurt all that out to others.

Now what? Who else is he gonna tell? The entire school?

She crossed her arms on her chest,"you know you can trust me, king." If I wasn't wrong, I traced an underlying hurt. But again, my head is messed up big time.

I closed up the distance, to get her look at the seriousness in my eyes," he had only one job to keep my secret," I hissed out,"and he failed me in it."

Shaking my head i turned around.

I pushed my hand through my hair, holding myself back from pulling them out of their fuckiing roots.

Another wave of dizziness swept past me and I staggered back, reaching out a hand to the counter just in time to prevent my fall,"this goddamned music!" I hissed out irritated.

An arm snaled around my elbow trying to support my weight," let's go to my place. You aren't feeling well."

"I can take care of myself, you know." Biting a response back, I opted to push myself away from the counter just to fall right on a passing dude who scorned at me with scrunched up nose.

Bastard.

Before I could have a word with him, I was swiftly dragged away and out of the bar by her, while tripping almost on every other step when the distance to the car felt like miles away.

_________________________________________