𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞

Ep 1: Tease

___________

5 days ago....

*Bang!*

Countless gunshot was heard all throughout the field.

Hae-rin observed him from a distance, they are on a firing range. Jake is currently practicing his shooting skills when it comes to firearms.

"That's him?"
She blankly said, assessing his body proportion and his looks.

"Yes CEO."
Her Assistant, Byun Minji agreed, giving her the brown envelope she asked Jay to make.

She checked what is inside.

"Shim Jake. The 2nd Son of the Shim Group. Despite being the 2nd Son, CEO Shim said that he is a promising canditate for the seat."

She scanned the profiles inside the envelope. Informations all about him. His age, birthday, blood type, travel histories and etc.

'Not bad...'
She thought to herself as she saw his achievements.

Jake Shim.

At the age of 17, already a 3rd Year college just like her. He likes art and music. Won numerous painting contests for 5 consecutive years. A multilingual. Can speak English, Hangeul, Nihongo, Mandarin and French fluently. An overachiever and one of the highest grossing student of his school year with an average of 1.1 GPA. He's visually pleasing and a heart-throb on his school too.

Wise, Talented and Rich. All that you can ask for a man of your dreams.

"What do you think?"
Hae-rin asked Jay who just arrived, leaning on the railings of the lobby and watched Jake fire his bullets.

"Well if you're talking about assets, talents, appearance and prestiges... He's a top candidate indeed."
Jay made it simplier than ever. One wrong word and he'll transcend to heaven.

"Besides, I think the two of you will click. He's the most suitable partner."
He winked at Haerin. Haerin just looked at him blankly but with disgust.

'partner... You say....'

"Should we set a meeting tonight, Ms. Cha?"
Haerin looked at Minji, giving her Jake's profile and started to walk to the stairs.

"I'll try and meet him first."
She said, finding Jake just finished his practice session. Minji bowed her head while Jay just stared at her, watching her leave the lobby and go towards Jake's position.

She reached the firing range, walking with confidence. Everyone are stopping on their tracks just to look at her.

"Mr. Shim?"

Except him.

Haerin held his shoulder the moment they bumped into each other but he didn't even noticed her presence.

Jake looked at the hand on his shoulder, then glanced on Haerin's eyes with a blank expression.

"The second son of the CEO of the Shim Group, Jake Shim."
Jake just looked at her hands on his shouldwr once again and swept it away from him.

"That's not me."
He nonchalantly answered and walked towards the exit door. Haerin followed him...

"I am Cha Haerin of the Nexus Group. Does that ring a bell to you?"
She asked him with a smirm. Jake halted on his track, slowly turning around.