two - george

it's been a week since i moved into this building, a week of hell.

the stranger, who still remains nameless, keeps waking me up at ridiculous times in the morning with his yelling. i don't know why or who he's yelling at, but god i wish he'd shut up.

i've had three encounters with him since moving in.

firstly, we bumped into each other as we left our apartments at the same time. i tried to be polite, and asked his name.

he ignored me.

then, i lost my key and knocked on his door to ask if he had seen it. he closed the door in my face and i found my key in my pocket later that day.

and last, i spilt my coffee on his white button-up shirt in the middle of the hallway.

however this encounter was recent. as in, right now.

"i'm so sorry! let me clean it for you!" i stutter, apologetically.

"what the fuck." he whisper yells, his eyes seem to turn a darker shade of green as i note his fury.

"so you do speak." i try to joke, because the truth is, this angry giant is beginning to intimidate me. of course, i'd never tell him that, i'm sure it would inflate his ego.

he narrows his eyes at me and clenches his jaw, before lowering his head to my level, "leave. me. alone."

"you know, if you were a little less hostile, i bet we could be friends." i reply, cracking a smile.

he spins on his heel at this, facing me again with a scowl, "no." is all he says before darting back into his room.

the slam of his door is enough for me to know i messed up, and i ponder on a way to repay him for ruining his shirt.

i turn around to step into the elevator when i bunp into someone. neither of us say a word, with fills me with relief. i think for a moment whether he may live on this floor too, and if so, i should introduce myself.

i curiously follow him and watch as he knocks on the door of a raging man, making sure not to stand too close. when he opens the door, he has his white shirt unbuttoned, his golden skin on show. i watch as he nods to greet is friend, and continues desperately trying to clean the coffee stain off the shirt with a dozen napkins.

"what happened to you?" his friend asks jokingly.

"some lunatic spilt his coffee all over me."
his voice is deep, and i find myself wanting to hear it some more.

i fight the urge to remind him that it was an accident.

"did you deserve it?"

"absolutely not."

i try my best not to scoff at that, instead, i roll my eyes and spin to leave the building.

"that guy?"

i freeze in place and turn back around at this. i watch him peek his head around the door, before nodding at his friend.

i wonder for a second how he knew, before i realise i'm still holding the dripping coffee cup.

"you live around here?"

i gulp, and force a smile before pointing towards my door, "there."

he laughs loudly at this, "maybe you two should consider trying to get along."

as if.

=====

word count: 564
*in editing*
please vote!