Cursed

⚠️ Disclaimer:⚠️ this story has been written by me and has not been copied, plagiarized or stolen from any other story or author. Any similarities are purely coincidental and all ideas seen are original, originating from my mind.

Artemis
While I made pancakes, bacon, eggs and french muffins for breakfast, Tali made the coffee and Barbara set the tables. By the time we had breakfast organised, the pack had woken up. The first to come down were the Alpha and Luna- my parents.

They never allowed me to call them Mother and Father in front of others, it was always Alpha Lucias and Luna Adeline. Only Alec had the privilege of calling them Mom and Dad. And he wasn't even their biological son. They couldn't erase the fact that I was their daughter, but they could pretend I wasn't.

Ignoring me, treating me like a slave and forcing me to obey them compensated for the 'misfortune that occured' meaning my conception and birth. It hurt me terribly to know my own parents hated me and gave me the silent treatment all the time, but what could I do? I was helpless to my own fate.

The next to come down was the Beta. Garrett was not only the Beta of the pack, he was also my father's best friend. Unlike my parents and everyone else in the pack, Garrett was nice to me. He gave me books to read because he knew my parents didn't allow me the right to education. They felt that an omega didn't need education since they held next to no significance.

Garrett had a tutor give me papers with questions, quizzes and tests each day, I would complete them in my spare time, put them in a secret location for Garrett and he'd give it to the tutor to correct them, then she'd send more the next day.

I loved to write and read and every once in awhile, I would leave the packhouse with a change of clothes and  go for a run in my wolf form. There was a nearby meadow two miles away where I would lie in the lush grass and read for hours, undisturbed and completely alone.

Away from the packhouse, away from my so called parents and away from my stressful life. No one bothered me and I was happy. I'd absorb myself in Shakespeare, poetry, science and fiction. I'd dive into the world of fantasy and mystery and for just a few moments, I'd forget that I was an Omega and just be me.

"Is breakfast ready or do we have to wait for you to serve it?"
I jumped, startled at the sound of my mother's voice. She stood with her hands on her hips glaring at me with my father next to her, shaking his head.

Alec and Natalie had just come down, giggling and kissing, which in my opinion was faker than a Barbie doll. Garrett stood behind my parents, his blue eyes held mischief as he stared at me. I cleared my throat and bowed to them as to show my respect.

"Yes Luna, breakfast is ready," I said raising my head. "Please have a seat and allow me to serve you."
My mother scoffed and she, my father and Garrett moved to the Alpha's table in the dining hall where they seated themselves. My father sat first, then my mother, then Alec and Natalie and finally Garrett.

Tali and Barbara dished out heaps of pancakes, bacon and eggs and placed  them carefully on the trays with the coffee. I took five trays and five cups of coffee, black as midnight, and assembled them on a cart and rolled it out of the kitchen and into the dining hall where my parents, Alec, Natalie and Garrett were waiting. 

I rolled the cart up to the table and served them their breakfast, trying my best not to spill anything. Goddess knew the price I'd pay for spilling coffee on Natalie's designer dress.
"Breakfast is served please enjoy," I said meekly.

My parents nodded curtly and began to eat. With the Alpha, Luna and Beta served, we had to serve the rest of the pack. They came down in groups of five and soon, all two hundred pack members were here. The soldiers would have breakfast outside since they couldn't leave their posts, guarding the packhouse as well as the houses of the pack members where everyone stayed.

We repeated the process of dishing out the food and serving for fifteen minutes and soon all the pack members including the soldiers had been served. When everyone had eaten, they left the dining hall and Tali, Barbara and I cleaned the place. Tali swept the floor, Barbara cleared the tables and I did the dishes.

We sang songs while we worked, enjoying having the place place to ourselves so we could work without disturbances. Finally the kitchen and dining hall was cleaned. The floors were swept, the dishes taken care of and the tables were clean smelling of pine sol.

"Alright good job ladies, the place is cleaned. Let's have breakfast and get started on our chores," I said rubbing my reddened hands on my apron. There wasn't much food left for us, just four pancakes, a portion of eggs, three strips of bacon and two muffins.

I sighed. This was what happened every single day. We cooked enough food for the pack, but never enough for us. There was always a short supply of food left for the omegas.

Sure Tali, Barbara and I were the only omegas around, but we were also apart of the pack.  No matter how much this was denied.
"There isn't enough food for all three of us," Tali observed with an obviously glum expression on her face. "Should we go to the nearby human village to eat?"

There was a human village approximately five miles away from the packhouse, with a cafe, a bank, a school, a clinic and houses. Whenever there was something that was needed, we could leave and go to the human village to collect whatever we needed such as food or medicine or any general items.

Only two were allowed to leave the packhouse to go to the village at a time, so it was decided that Tali and I would go and Barbara would stay. Not like there was a lot to be bought anyway.

"Get garlic bread, omletes, capachinos and a strawberry croissant for us to share," Barbara said as she sat on a kitchen chair with her long slender legs stretched out in front of her. "If you can't get a strawberry croissant, get a raspberry jam tart."

"Are you planning on helping us lug all these things to the packhouse?" Tali asked scornfully. Barbara looked insulted. "Of course I am. What did you think I'd give orders and not help carry them out?"

Tali nodded smugly and Barbara gasped indignantly. I rolled my eyes and ushered Tali out of the kitchen and we went outside, the cool morning air fanning our faces, granting us relief after our long morning of standing in front of the heat.

Tali and I went behind a large oak tree and stripped out of our clothes and shifted. Tali's wolf Amanda had grey fur and white fur, a creamy underbelly and grey eyes. We stretched and turned to pick up our clothes. With our clothes in our mouths, we turned and bounded in the direction of the human village.

The breeze blew through our fur as ran through the forest, so fast that the trees were a blurry picture. We  came to a halt when the village was but a few yards away, went behind a tree and shifted back into our human forms. We changed quickly and combed our fingers through our hair as we tried to make ourselves look  presentable.

"Let's just get the goods and leave. I have to clean the Alpha's Chambers today and you know how much Alpha Lucius hates to have his room dirty," I said.
"You know we're alone right? There's no need to call him that when it's just us. Just call him Dad?" Tali told me.

"Tali you know I can't do that. The last time I called him Dad, he slapped me, made me kneel in front of him and forced me to submit. It's always Alpha Lucius. Nothing more," I replied sadly.

Tali shook her head and hugged me, comforting me like the friend she was. In this life of ours, we always looked out for each other. We had to watch each others backs, not just because we were friends, bit because if we didn't do it, no one else would.