Chapter 16

After breakfast, I go upstairs to change into the a white nike crop top with a matching white tennis skirt. "You ready?" Bailey asks coming I'm wearing a cute matching tennis wear.

"I'm getting ready," I tell her putting on a black nike hoodie and move to my closet and go to the back getting white champion shoes to finish my outfit. I grab my tennis bag with my tennis racket hanging out.

Last year Bailey and I got into tennis after she saw the cute outfits, turns out she's pretty good at it and I'm not far behind. Tili is a big fan of tagging along but never actually playing, she usually keeps count and cheers us both on.

I put a scrunchy around my wrist then get my phone and leave meeting Bailey and Tili by the elevator doors. We take my car and end up at the half empty court in less then then twenty minutes, I'm mean we live in a pretty high classes neighbourhood and everything is at least twenty minutes out.

We all get out taking our bags with us and then start to set up, Bailey makes her way to the opposite side of the court as I take my sweater off dropping it over my bag. "I got the balls!" Bailey shouts from across the court.

I bow my head making all my hair go forward and then tie it up in a high ponytail, and put my visor on. I take a minute to start stretching.

"Okay I'm ready!" I tell Bailey and watch her bounce the ball with her tennis racket in another hand. I turn my racket in my hand ready for her to serve. I think we all know how tennis works but our rules are a little different.

First: we can't use our wolfs energy, Bailey came up with that rule when I kept letting Nia play and Nia being the competitive wolf she is didn't give Bailey a chance. Second, no distractions. I said that because every time Bailey phone would buzz or ping she would stop the game to check her phone, I got tired of it.

Third rule is no bad mouthing, that's Tili's rule. Bailey and I are the biggest sore losers and we tend to get pretty aggressive verbally. Last rule is have fun! Also Tili's rule.

Bailey serves and I take action fast hitting the ball back at her, she retaliates the same way and the game starts. It doesn't take long for one of us to score a point and to my surprise Bailey takes the first win.

I take in deep breaths trying to let myself go as I feel my own tension start to rise. "Give me a sec!" I shout across the court taking a seat on the court ground, I'm not in the right mind set. I keep thinking about him and quite frankly it's starting to piss me off.

Why can't I just focus? I'm not even trying to think about him it all kinda just happens, I get up convinced that I can play again and Bailey throws a ball at my so I can serve. I bounce the ball a few times before throwing it in the air and hitting it towards Bailey.

It hits the net. I let out a frustrated sigh as Tili throws me another ball "Try to relax!" She tells me and I just bounce the ball before throwing it in the air and serving for the second time. It hits the net. Again.

"Fucking hell!" I mutter as I bounce another ball that's thrown at me, I try again. And again. And again. And miss, well the only thing I hit is the net. "You serve!" I throw the ball at Bailey and she catches it.

"No! You can do it!" She throws it back at me and I catch it. I take the deepest breaths my lungs can handle and the sweet scent of masculine cologne wonder up my nostrils, we all know who this scent belongs too. I don't even look around, I just know he's not here. Why would he be?

I bounce to ball again and try serving one last time and it's no surprise when the only thing I hit is the net, again. "I'm gonna break my racket!" I tell myself.

"Don't do that!" Tili says meaning I clearly said it loud enough. I bounce the ball now annoyed at the fact that I can't even serve because I'm too damn distracted, I take in a whiff of the scent that I want to smell so bad. It tickles my nostrils making my heart flutter and then I start bouncing the ball.

I serve letting what I feel in instead of being against it so much and then the ball lands over the net bouncing towards Bailey, she hits it sending it back to me and I move lightly on my feet and send it back to her. Finally a good serve!

We keep playing and my score starts catching up with Bailey's. "It's a tie! The next one to score wins!" Tili announces and Bailey smiles at me, she throws me the ball and I serve gladly.

The competition to win starts with neither of us letting our guards down, I even start grunting trying to suppress Nia as she loves tight wins. Bailey gives off the same energy making it harder for me to stay on my toes. The serves start to get more intense as the ball goes back and forth to each other.

"She's gonna win." My ears pick up making me almost miss the ball.

"Shut up." The voice gives me goosebumps and it also makes me miss the ball. I look back at Bailey and she doesn't look at all amused.

"Rematch, you let me win!" She picks up another ball.

"I got distracted," I tell her.

"But you won," Tili points out to Bailey.

"Yeah, because she got distracted. Rematch!" She orders, you see? Sore loser but doesn't settle for less!

"You rather lose then know I let you win?" I ask her and her eyes squint making me chuckle "Okay then."