Year 2-7 | Duel

❝︎Ginny Weasley was behind these attacks.❞︎

Year 2-7: Duel

We all gathered around a long thin stage in the great hall. Chatters filled the room as I stood next to Hermione Harry and Ron. Harry stood right next to me and because of the crowd was pushed tight towards me. I felt his hand touch my skin which made me tense up immediately remembering last night. Why did I do that?

"Can everybody see me?" Lockhart asks walking across the long stage. "Can you all.. hear me?" I noticed he was wearing some sort of a prince like outfit, it disgusted me.

"Excellent... In light of the dark events in recent weeks, Professor Dumbledore has permitted me to start this little dueling club to train you all up in case you ever need to defend yourselves... As I myself have done on countless occasions. For full details see my published work," The arrogant little scum finished pulling his cloak off and throwing it to the crowd. The girls were eager to catch it and were hit by immediate jealously when one of the Gryffindor girls caught it. I don't know what they see in him.

"Let me introduce my assistant... Professor Snape" we all turned our heads to where Lockhart was pointing at. Surely enough, Snape in his usual black robes stepped up onto the stage with his arms crossed.

"He has agreed to help me with a short demonstration. Now I don't want any of you youngsters to be worried, you'll still have your potions professor when I'm through with him. Never fear." Lockhart says as Snape slowly walked towards him.

They met at the center of the stage looking at each other in the eye raising their wands to their face and down. The proper friendly duel etiquette. They bow and sharply turn their backs against each other walking to each end of the stage raising their wand ready to fight.

"One.. Two... Three!" Lockhart says with a smirk on his face.

"EX....Pelliarmus!" Snape says as soon as Lockhart finished counting. A white blast comes out from Snape wands sending Lockhart flying into the air. The students looked in worry while I laughed, this was the first time I ever liked Snape. Soon everyone else roared into laughter as Lockhart pulled himself back up.

"Do you think he's alright?" Hermione asks concerned furrowing her eyebrows.

"Who cares?" I respond laughing.

"An excellent idea to show them that Profesor Snape but if you don't mind me saying it was pretty obvious what you were about to do, and if I had wanted to stop you it would've been nearly too easy," Lockhart says walking up to Snape on the other side of the stage. I couldn't help but scoff.

"Perhaps it would be prudent to first teach the students to block unfriendly spells, professor," Snape says in his usual emotionless face. I was taught the Protego spell from my father. He taught Fleur and I as self-defense along with a few other spells.

"An excellent idea professor Snape. Let's have a volunteer pair... Ah... Potter! Weasley, how about you?" Harry eager to get up on the stage pushed through the crowd to make his way up.

"Weasley's wand causes devastation with the simplest spells. It will be sending Mr. Potter to the hospital wing in a matchbox. Might I suggest two different volunteers? Clermont and Parkinson, perhaps?" Snape sharply turns around gesturing Pansy to get up on the stage.

"Well I guess we can have two different sets of volunteers, Clermont you can go first," Lockhart says. I looked at Harry who was on the other side of the room waiting to get on the stage. He looked at me with worry in his eyes as so did everyone else. I looked back up at Pansy who was only smirking at me as if she knew she had already won. I kept an emotionless look on my face as I made myself up onto the stage with my arms crossed. Everyone's attention was drawn to the two of us. Pansy and I walked towards the middle as the two professors made their way to the end of the stage.