Chapter Twenty-Seven

This chapter is mature and contains sexual content.

If you do not wish to read about it, please skip the last few pages of the chapter.

The days flew by quickly, Adonis spending most of his time in the gym, preparing himself for the big night. Within a few hours, Adonis would be at the fight club after school. He had never been so anxious to get in the ring. Maybe it was because he finally had some real competition. Other fighters that they allowed in the ring with him was rarely competitive.

"Yo, I can't believe that you about to get in the ring with Brayden. I love you bro, but I'm a huge fan." Malik admitted.

Adonis nodded. He could not lie and say that he was not a fan of the Clinton's either. Brayden and his father were just as talented as Ricky and Adonis. Hopefully, they could have a truce after the match. Some fighters did not understand that just because you boxed someone in the ring, does not mean that beef is created.

"Nah, I'm rooting for Adonis. I ain't a fan." Trevor says.

"It's going to be so many people out tonight. I hope you sold them tickets." Adonis says to Malik.

"All one hundred of them. I sold out just before lunch and people still asking around about them."

"You need some more? I can run out to my car and get them." Adonis says.

Ember placed her tray down, just as Adonis slid back so that she could occupy her seat on his lap. Namiko sat beside Trevor instead of Malik.

"Yeah, do that. Bring them all because they sell fast. By the end of the day, they about to be gone."

"Hey, what we talking about?" Namiko asked.

"Adonis's big night that he's about to win." Ember answered for them.

"Hm, we will see. I'm going to be in the front row beside Ember. Do not let your city down tonight. Everybody out here rooting for you." Namiko tells him.

"I ain't."

"My nigga got this" Malik blurted.

It became quiet amongst them as Paisley took a seat next to Adonis with Madison next to her. Paisley did things on purpose. For the past few days, she had been bringing Madison to sit at the table with them. For the hell of it, Madison would speak to everyone except for Namiko.

It was downright messy.

Adonis cleared his throat, leaning up to whisper in Ember's ear, "Walk with me to my car."

It was an opportunity for her to get away from the awkwardness, so she would take it. Climbing off his lap, Ember picked up her drink and her hot wings, leading the way out into the parking lot. Instead of just grabbing the tickets, they sat inside the car, conversing.

"Madison is weird."

"Fuck Madison, did you see the way that Malik looked at Namiko? If looks could kill..." Adonis says.

Ember had not caught that, but she knew that Namiko was probably seeing Tyrell again. If that was the case, then Ember did not think that it was a good idea to remain friends with Namiko. Being associated with him after being threatened kind of had her afraid.

She would never forgive Tyrell for planting drugs on her baby brother. It was as if he had Namiko trapped under a spell.

"I saw that." Ember looks over at Adonis, "I'll talk to her after school about it."

Ember did not believe in playing with someone's heart. Her mind went back to her uncle Ezra. She had talked to him this morning with her family before she came to school. It sounded is if he were in tears on the other line. Ember felt so bad.