48 | The One With The Valuation

That night seemed to be a rather gloomy one, with random flashes of lightning.

"Madhu stop jumping on the bed!" Shree tells Madhu who was jumping up and down the bed. "Oh my mata, you're messing the bedsheet! Stop jumping, Madhu!"

"No!" She exclaims loudly as she jumps faster not realising that her soft toys were lying on the floor. Shree neatly flattens the wrinkled bedsheet and it gets messed up again.

"Madhav!" Shree sighs in defeat looking at her husband who was brushing his hair. Shree rolls her eyes and sits on her side of the messy bed.

"Alright! It's 10 PM and someone is supposed to be asleep by now." Madhav says walking towards the bed.

"Yeah!" Madhu says as she stops jumping. "Amma sleep!" Madhav grabs Madhu and effortlessly lifts her into his arms.

"No, I meant you!" He says as he makes Madhu lie on the bed.

"Not tired, Nanna!" Madhu whines as she yawns. Making Madhav smirk. He picks up her soft toys from the floor and keeps it beside her.

"First person to sleep gets more ice cream after lunch!" Madhav says and Madhu's face brightens. "But looks like your mother will beat you. She already looks so sleepy."

Madhu quickly closes her eyes. "Look, I'm sleeping!" Madhu says.

"Goodnight my kannamma." Madhav whispers and presses a kiss to her forehead.

"Goodnight Nanna." She whispers back. "Goodnight Amma."

"Goodnight, my darling." Shree says caressing Madhu's soft hair.

Madhav sits on the bed, looks at Shree and extends his hand to hold her face. Shree blushes as she feels his palm against her cheek. She closes her eyes as he runs his thumb over her lips.

"Say it, once more, Madhav." She whispers.

"Shree, chellam, I love you-" Madhav says but is interrupted as someone knocks on their door.

"I'll get that." Shree says and walks to the door. "Yashoda Ma, what are you doing here?" She asks as she sees Yashoda standing outside the door, wearing the same pale blue sari she wore for dinner.

"Come with me, dear." She says pulling Shree outside. "Radha wants to talk to us urgently."

"Now?" Shree asks, to which Yashoda nods.

* * * * *

"Ah, Shree darling! Come in! Come in!" RK says as Yashoda and Shree walk into his study room. He was seated on the big swivel chair, his hands resting on the expensive mahogany desk. The room was dimly lit, engulfed in thin darkness, the only light coming from RK's laptop and the big oval floor lamp thst casted a bright shade of dark amber. The sky was dark as it was a new moon night, and however the constant flashes of lighting made the sky look bright. "I needed to speak to you and Yasho immediately. Come and take a seat."

Shree and Yashoda sit on the cushioned seats opposite him.

"I feel bad that I sounded perplexed when Madhav announced that both of you were shareholders of the company." He says solemnly. "I am extremely sorry for that."

"We both own 15% of the company's shares." Yashoda says.

"Only 15%?" RK asks stunned. "He gave his mother and beloved wife only 15% in total?"

"He wasn't in the position to offer more." Shree says. "He needs more than 50%"

"But he gave 15% in total while he could have given 20%, 10 for each!" RK states.