King And I

Chapter 45

Your author made a mistake of calling Cai Wenjin, Cai Weinjin, in the last 3 chaps. This has been corrected though.

Bai Shen Hong
Emperor Huizhong
The Dragon Palace

"Heed my decree," Shen Hong instructed his scribe. "Consort Wang failed to select the right entourage for Princess Cai Wenjin. She has failed to fulfill her duty and is not worthy to raise a royal princess. Noble Consort Qi will henceforth raise Princess Cai Wenjin and assume her as an adopted child. The princess' entourage committed a felony by hitting the royal princess of Nevoria. Therefore, every person who was in the palace garden and accusing Imperial Concubine Wei will be decapitated and have their heads on the city gate for a total of three days."

"His Majesty is wise!" The scribe began to write as Shen Hong stepped out of the study room.

He let Consort Wang go but next time, there wouldn't be a second chance. Killing the consort would result in Cai Wenjin blaming herself for the rest of her life. She did say she was afraid to tell him because he would murder her mother after all. And the other miscellaneous reasons included the disturbance of political factions in the court.

The decree would do for now, while he had serious matters to discuss with Li Lian.

Bloody woman. He felt betrayed by her. Why was she so unpredictable and capable of doing silly things like this?

"No one is to go wandering around the bed chambers for the whole night," he ordered. "Everyone to wait on me from the welcoming chamber."

Eunuch Nam was quick to protest. "But Your Majesty―"

"You dare?"

"Forgive me, Your Majesty!" Eunuch Nam hurriedly kowtowed.

They then didn't follow him as he stormed into the hallway.

"Li Lian!" He yelled like a madman as he approached his bedchamber. The double doors were hit open as he charged in like a tornado set to destroy anything on his way.

He kicked the stack of military books aligned for him, flipped the table of night snacks, but still he was angry.

Why did she like playing him? Didn't she understand how much he cared for her?

Love was hellish fire he despised, burning him to the core till he became ashes. He hated feelings. Someone should exorcise the demons haunting him with all the pain. He was in the pits of fire, smelling of smoke like the devil himself.

He couldn't see straight. Yuwen Hong slammed the wall with his fist, his bones cracking. But that didn't work because after that he was still mad. Thus, he went on to arrogantly rain all sorts of profanities, and turned on to Li Lian who worked on something while sitting on his bed.

She didn't falter but continued with her sewing. In her hands was a blush pink garment she fashioned.

"Damn it, Li Lian. When I think you have done the worst, you keep pushing me!" The small upside down table was further kicked by him that it ended up crushing on the wall.

And yet, Li Lian's eyes focused on the garment, her hands narrating prowess skills by the use of needle and thread.

"Will you stop that and look at me!" he yelled.

She sighed. "What have I done now?"

Her nonchalant behavior made him feel like a three year old throwing a tantrum. He would be damned, if he cared. He was mad because of her, thus it was her responsibility to sort him out―give him all her attention.