35

I stayed at the hospital for a couple days before they released me to go home. I was lucky and was only going to leave with a big scar on my belly and a scar on my forehead.

I called my work and told them I was in an accident so I could rest when I got home.

Daisy hasn't even tried to contact me and it was making me a little nervous. I knew I would be able to talk things out with her but that require for her to talk to me too.

"Ready to go?" Colby asked as he came into my hospital room with my duffel bag over his shoulder. "Not really, but yeah." I said quietly and carefully got out of the bed.

I was really sore from the stitches in my abdomen but they gave me some medicine so that the pain would be manageable.

"Let me help you." Colby said and carefully wrapped his arm around my waist, supporting most of my weight. "Thanks." I whispered as a sadness entered my body. I didn't have much time left with Colby, and it was breaking my heart.

I was going home today.

We slowly and carefully made our way out to where Sam was standing. "Hey, V. How are you feeling?" He asked as I smiled and hugged him, "I'm okay. Sad to be leaving you dorks though." I said as the Uber pulled up.

"Just come back to LA with us..Kat really wants to meet you." Sam said as I chuckled. "You know I would if I could." I said quietly as Colby helped me get into the Uber.

"I know, I'm gonna keep trying until you say yes though." Sam said as they packed the car up.

I leaned into Colby's chest as we drove to the airport. The guys talked about how they were going to edit the video to make it YouTube friendly as I just took in my surroundings.

I focused on how it felt to be in Colby's arms. He held me tight enough for me to feel safe, but not tight enough to hurt me.

I took a deep breath, trying to memorize the way his cologne smelled so I wouldn't forget it.

The closer we got to the airport the more my heart ached. Heartbreak was a part of life that I was used to though.

I'd be okay.

When we got to the airport Colby helped me get out of the car as Sam grabbed my stuff. Luckily my flight was leaving first so they could sit with me at my gate.

"Have you ever thought about maybe just coming with me to Colorado?" I asked them as we slowly made our way to security. "I did. We can't do that though." Colby said as he held my hand tightly.

I was a little nervous about holding his hand in public but I don't think he really cared. We only had an hour together, we needed to savor it.

Getting through security wasn't the most comfortable because they somehow deemed me as a threat, thus having to pat me down.

Colby watched carefully as they pat at my stomach causing me to cringe. "Sorry, I have stitches there." I mumbled as the TSA employee lifted my shirt. "Can you not?" Colby asked in annoyance as I shook my head. "It's okay, Colby. They're just doing their job." I said as they pulled my shirt down.

"You're good to go." The TSA person said as I nodded then made my way back to Sam and Colby. "Are you okay?" Colby asked as I took his hand and sighed.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I need to sit soon though." I said and leaned against him since my whole body was hurting. "Okay, your gate is over here." He said and led the way.

When we got there I sat down and huffed out a breath, then grabbed my backpack to get some medicine. "Here, baby." Colby said and handed me a water bottle as Sam sat next to me. "Thank you." I said then took the pain killer.