- C H A P T E R * * T W E N T Y S I X -

"Are you guys fighting?" Mom asks me as she looks between me and Isaiah

I shake my head, still unable to form coherent thoughts in my head. The tension in the air is thick. My eyes meet Isaiah's, and Isaiah is frozen still, a horrified look on his face as he looks at my mom.

"We're not," Isaiah says as he fixes his gaze on me. "We were just playing, but we got scared because you suddenly came in and it shocked us. You can tell right now. But honestly, no, we're not really fighting."

"Oh, okay." My mom looks at me, and I nod my head at her, hoping that she'd buy the reason. It's half-truth anyway. We weren't really fighting. I believe we were doing something more intense than that. "Anyways, you two need to go down. We have to tell you something, and I think both of you might like it."

"Cool, we're going down." Isaiah responds. Mom leaves the room. Once the door is shut, Isaiah and I sigh in relief. "That was so close. We have to be careful next time, right? Fuck. I really thought Sarah caught us."

"Same thoughts," I sit on the bed. "God, Isaiah, we really have to talk about this."

"I know, but let's talk later, yeah?" I nod my head. "For now, let's hear what they have to tell us. I'm curious. Sarah seems excited to tell us something. But before we go down, I just need this."

Isaiah walks forward and kisses me deep on the lips, before pulling away and leaving the room. He throws me a smirk as I'm left speechless. I take a deep breath and smile, shaking my head. Isaiah has become a bit bolder ever since he became my boyfriend, and I'm happy to see that he doesn't pull back. As for me, I'm still scared. There's a fear inside me that my mom wouldn't like this at all. After all, she has known her son as straight her entire life, and on top of that, I'm in a relationship with Isaiah.

It's not supposed to happen. But here we are.

I head downstairs to meet up with my mom. Isaiah is already sitting on the stool, beside him is Bill, who is reading some news on his phone. Mom grabs a juice in the fridge and takes a seat beside Bill.

"We're going back," she just simply says.

"Huh?" I ask. I look at Isaiah and he just shrugs.

"Okay, so it's your lola's 80th birthday, of course, we can't miss that, can we?" Mom grins and I jump in excitement. "Right, but we have to talk whoever's in charge in your school because we have to know what would be the setup since you're going to miss it."

"I'm going to talk to them," Bill says as he stands up, walking over to the telephone in the living room. "They can send in the lessons and quizzes to their email address. It's not going to be a big deal. I'll handle this."