Chapter 28

Thank you all so much for 43K reads!! That's literally insane to think about!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kai's POV

"Kai! Open the fucking door right now!!" Sarah's boisterous yelling had me groaning. "I know you're not asleep!"

I slipped out of bed and adjusted the loose tank top I had on. It was a dark maroon color and the sleeves had been cut, making my sides visible. It was Lucas'... I don't even know why I was wearing it.

I was completely and utterly exhausted, It felt like I got hit with an eight-ton truck last night.

I opened the door just to be met with a fuming red-head. She grabbed the door and shoved it open, brushing past me and giving me an impatient look.

Extremely confused, I grumbled, "The fuck crawled up your ass this morning?"

I closed the door and the second I turned around I saw a hand flash in front of my face, a stinging sensation taking over my left cheek.

I raised my hand to touch the area, "What the fuck, Sarah?!"

"No, what the actual fuck, Kai!" She yelled at me.

My eyebrows pinched together, "Why would you slap me?"

She was seething, "I slapped you in place of someone who doesn't have the will to do it himself!"

"What are you talking about?"

"Sit down, now," Her commanding voice made me flinch. Unsure of what was going on, I slowly took my seat at my black desk chair.

"Kai, I love you like a brother, you know that, right?" She spoke softly all of a sudden. "Ever since elementary school, even though you're older than me, I've always felt like you were my little brother."

I nodded my head, unsure of where this was going.

"Look, I know your life has been an absolute shit show. The things that happened to you... But you have a problem."

"Problem? What do you mean?" I questioned.

"Your life has been so fucked up that I think you're forgetting other people also have fucked up lives. Even if it's not the same as what you've been through, everyone is dealing with stuff," Sarah looked at me, a sad expression appearing in her eyes. "I know you have so much going on in your life right now with Mad Dog and your dad and sister and your new-found sexuality, but you're forgetting that other people also have things going on."

Sarah paused for a second. "I talked to Lucas last night."

I jumped out of my seat, "You what!?" I shouted in anger.

"Sit. The. Fuck. Down. And. Listen." At Sarah's words, I clamped my jaw shut and lowered myself back down onto the chair. "You don't even realize it, do you?"

"Realize what?"

"You're so absorbed into your own world you can't even see what's going on around you! Do you really not know what caused all these problems in the first place?" Sarah scoffed.

I kept my mouth shut, my face contorted in confusion.

"You said you wanted to ask Lucas out, that you wanted to be his boyfriend! Well, what the fuck is this then? You ignore him, treat him like a lackey, and fucking hit him."

I didn't understand what she was talking about.

"I know you have a lot going on, I really do, but so does Lucas. But how can you say you want to be with someone if you don't notice all the shit things going on in their life? How can you even say you care for Lucas when you don't know what's been happening to him!? You can't even see how hard his life has been because you're so obsessed with your own! Reality check, Kai," she threw her hands in the air, "a relationship is a two-way street, it doesn't revolve around just you! If you keep acting like you're the only person in the world then you don't deserve to be in a relationship!"