Chapter 5

I walk through the airport with sore legs and energy rushing through me. The plane didn't have much room and I couldn't walk around much. A see a browshore stand out of the corner of my eye and take one. As I walk towards the exit, I look over it.

I walk out the exit to the street of people getting picked up by family, friends, and airport taxis. I flag down one of the taxis and hope in."You look a little young to be traveling by yourself."

I look up to see a man in about his late 40s with a raised eyebrow. "I'm 17." The words coming out more irritated than I meant to. He chuckles "Still just a kid. So where am I taking you kido" My eye twitches in annoyance but I smirk.

"I don't know if this car ride is safe I mean with how old you are you might pass out at the wheel, I mean isn't it past your nap time sir." He throws his head back and lets out a loud laugh while taking a piece of paper I handed to him. He reads it and his eyes widen a little. "You sure this is the right address? No one's lived there in a while." I nod and he shrugs as he pulls out of the parking line. 

I pull out my phone and look at all the details. The time is in big letters with the date underneath and underneath that is the word notifications with two notifications. 5:47 A.M. March 12 Thursday. 1 just says upload complete and the other is a text from someone named 'Your favorite cousin' that said 'u should + a password'. 'Apollo, definitely Apollo.'

At the very bottom of the screen it says swipe up or press home so I swipe right and the camera pops up. I swipe left twice and it's a list of what I'm assuming is the apps on my phone and their notifications. I swipe right and down and it's the minor settings for my phone like the flash light, Bluetooth, rotation and other things.

I finally go to the home of my phone and am surprised but also kind of not to see that the background is a picture of Apollo. I smile to myself before going to the security settings. 'What is a good password that no more would think about. My birthday? No. Mom's birthday. Ouch definitely not. Come on Percy, think. Wait.' I pull down my screen and look over the date. I type in the numbers 0312. March 12 and a Thursday . The day I start my new life and get a second beginning.

I turn off my phone and lean my head against the window. The feeling of the car's vibration mixed with the silence of the car calms my nerves and I relaxed muscles I did even realize were tight. I watch the trees go by and wait for the taxi to make it to the destination.

——————————————————

The car pulls over on a dirt road that leads through the trees. The driver turns around to watching me get out of the car. "How are you paying?" I pull out my wallet and take out a hundred before hesitating and take another. I hand him the money and he looks shocked. "If you're thinking about giving it back, don't, I won't take it. You were very nice and went out of your way to make me laugh and . So take it." He seems reluctant but takes it anyway.

I get out of the car and search for the house but only see trees. "Where…?"

"This is it kid. Follow the path and you'll make it to your new home. Try not to get lost looking at your phone, kids these days seem to be glued to those things." It was easy to tell he was joking because his voice was dripping sarcasm and if that didn't give it away the kind smile on his face sure did. "Sure thing and make sure to reset your reminder, on whatever generation of flip phone you have, with your name and job on it. We can't have you forgetting." He laughs, waves and turns to face forward. I close the door and he drives off.

Turning on my heels I walk the path also while taking in everything around me. The trees are tall and thick with long branches, blocking out most of the sunrise light but not to that I couldn't see. 

After 7 minutes of walking I see a clearing up ahead. I jog slightly up to the clearing and have to cover my eyes because of the brightness. Why is it so bright it should only be like 7 something. I finally uncover my eyes to see the house and… 'Wow… someone needs to teach dad what small means.'

The MANSION is a light gray color with black lining and looks to be 4 stores and that's not including the underground training room. To the left of the house is the trail that leads to what looks like an outdoor lounge.

 To the left of the house is the trail that leads to what looks like an outdoor lounge

I walk up the stairs to the door and as I reach for the handle I hear voices inside. I pause and grab Riptide out of my back pocket. I stick the key given to me by dad into the door and pull it open. Slowly walking inside and as I look around I find no one. Strangely a yawn pushes its way out of my body and the exhaustion from the day starts to kick in.

"Would you like for me to show you to your room?" I yelp and turn around. I point my sword at what seems to be a forest nymph. She was beautiful, she had brown skin that looked less like skin and more like tree bark. 'not only a forest nymph, but a tree nymph.'

"W-what?" She smiles softly at me. "I'm assuming your father didn't tell you about us?" I shake my head in confusion as I clip Riptide and put it back in my pocket. 'There are six nymphs here that will be assisting you, you can think of us as your caretakers. You can call me Kimber. Now would you like for me to lead you to your room?" I nod, still trying to wrap my head around this whole 'caretaker' situation as I follow her. 

Another yawn leaves my mouth. "If I'm a God why the hell am I so tired?" I say to myself apparently louder than intended because Kimber responds. "Even though you are God you are still a new God and the last couple of days have probably been extremely stressful for you and your body is still trying to adjust to its new magic so it makes sense that you're tired. This is it." We stopped in front of a pair of black doors. "Inside your room is a bell if you need anything please ring it, no matter where anyone is one of us will come and assist you." Nodding I open the door and walk in heading straight for the bed without even paying attention to my surroundings.

I slept on to the most comfortable  blanket and mattress I've ever felt. I pull out my phone and check the time. '7: 29'. After setting an alarm for 2:00 P.M. I kick off my shoes and crawling underneath the sheets I rest my head on the pillow and slowly fall into a sleep that hopefully won't be plugged by nightmares.