Chapter Seven

Picture of AnnaSophia Robb as Carter to the side.

Song is Explosions by Ellie Goulding

-Unedited

Carter Kelly's P.O.V

Do you know what the hardest thing anyone anyone has to do in their entire life? Getting out of bed in the morning. It's like, the blankets have accepted me as one of their own and if I make any sudden movements they'll reject me and things will never be the same.

Well now I have Ellie Goulding stuck in my head...

I reluctantly got out of bed this morning, got ready, put on one of Tyler's black long sleeve Nike shirts and a pair of light grey leggings, slipped my slippers on and threw my hair up into a messy bun on the top of my head.

I lazily walk down the hallway and into the kitchen, rubbing my eyes as I yawn. Ugh, mornings. After getting a small carton of strawberry yogurt from the fridge and a banana from a bowl on the counter, I turn to face the living room to see Tyler standing with Landon and an unfamiliar guy.

"Uh..."I feel my cheeks heat up. I'm not wearing any makeup, I'm Tyler's shirt, and my hair looks awful.

"Good morning, beautiful."Tyler smiles. Landon smirks and shakes his head before patting him on the back and walking down the hall, but waves at me before he leaves.

"Carter, this is Liam, the best fighter in our pack."Tyler introduces me to him. "Liam, this is my little Luna."

"Hi."I squeak out and awkwardly attempt to wave but my hands are full.

"Nice to finally meet you properly, Luna."Liam respectfully bows his head. "I'm glad you're feeling better, Luna."

"Thank you but uh, my name's not-"I shake my head when I remind myself that it's my 'title' I guess you could call it. "Oh, right, you don't have to call me that. My name's Carter."

"I know, Luna."Liam says. I huff in defeat as I lean over the counter and open up my yogurt.

"You're dismissed, Liam."Tyler nods at him. Liam bows his head at both of us before leaving the room.

Tyler turns back towards me and walks towards me, smiling. He leans down and kisses the top of head and mumbles, "Good girl."

"What did I do?"I ask as I look up at him. He simply smiles widely, showing me his dimples, and kisses my nose.

"You got your breakfast on your own."Tyler says, tucking a loose strand of hair behind my ear.

"Oh, yeah."I stand up straight again. "I did."

"Yeah you did."Tyler laughs, cupping my cheeks with his hands. I feel tense at all the sudden physical contact but don't flinch away. I know he won't hurt me. I just have to get that through my head. "You're getting better, baby girl."

I give him a small smile and nod, "I'm trying."

"That's my girl."Tyler leans down and leaves a lingering kiss on my forehead. I swear, every time he calls me 'good girl' or 'my girl' I get these heart stopping butterflies. He pulls back and looks down at me, his gaze holding mine. "Do you hate me?"

"No, Tyler."I laugh as I shake my head, placing my hand on his wrist. "I don't hate you and I won't hate you."

"But I-"

"Tyler, I don't hate you."I tell him, taking one step towards him. "Stop worrying about that and being paranoid that I'm going to change my mind suddenly."

My heart sinks as I realize his possible intentions, maybe he wants me to hate him, maybe he's the one who changed his mind... He doesn't want me.

"You don't want me."My voice came out so quiet that I could barely hear it myself. My eyes flicker up to his but fall back down to the floor.