8. Blame

"Raymond White

"Raymond White."

You scrunch your brows together. "I don't know who that is."

"Well, he apparently hated your father," Morgan states, leaning back in his seat.

"Enough to kidnap you and want to find him." Hotch leans forward on the table, the palm of his hands flat against the wood.

"He lived in Gatlinburg, which means he traveled pretty far to come find you," Prentiss mumbles.

"Great, now I have to watch out for people who work for my dad and people who hate him?" You groan, leaning back against your seat.

Spencer's hand finds your thigh, his thumb rubbing it against it softly. You look at him, giving him a small smile. You look past his head, watching Jamie, Kyle, and Will with the kids in the bullpen. The last few hours have been exhausting—traveling back to the BAU and researching the man who'd kidnapped you and Spencer. You and Spencer hand changed into comfy clothes from your go bags—thank god. Emily and Hotch having to see you half naked was embarrassing enough, you didn't want the rest of the agents in this building to see it, too. Spencer's smell from his Caltech sweatshirt seems to calm you, and you're thankful for it.

"We need to go back to Tennessee," Hotch says.

"Why?" You mumble, putting your hand on top of Spencer's.

"We need to look through Raymond's house," Rossi says.

"Hey, did something ever come from those letters we found at Hunter's place? The man who punched Spencer in the face?" You ask, looking over at Hotch.

"We're still reading through them—we got a little sidetracked," he says, his words almost sounding like a joke.

"I can start reading through them tomorrow," Spencer says, giving you a small smile.

"He can go through them on the jet."

You lean your head on your hand, closing your eyes for a moment. Your mind is racing, your body exhausted. And part of you is so fucking angry at everything.

"I think we should take a break," Hotch says sternly. "We've been working non-stop for twenty-four hours."

You hear the scrape of chairs as the team stands, and you open your eyes, looking at Spencer. He leans in, giving your temple a quick kiss. You stand, tapping your fingers against your thigh as you look at Hotch.

"I think it's best if you and Spencer stay here tonight," Hotch tells you, eyes flicking between the two of you.

"What about—"

"I can take the kids for the night," Hotch says, a little smile on his face. "Don't worry about it. Ever since Garcia basically had to live here a couple years ago the Bureau installed a little pull-out bed in that room."