-19-

ZAHRIAH CRUZ

After finishing up with my morning routine, I got myself dressed in the last outfit I had in the house. I was all packed at this point and pretty much ready to go, before my shower the movers had come in for the television, couch and everything else that remained. Now, that it was all gone; it made it official. I was leaving.

Folding my night clothes up; I stuffed them into the side of my suitcase and struggled to get it shut. Once I did however, I rolled it out and headed into the living room that was now completely empty and bare.

On my phone, I had missed a couple calls from my mom who I am guessing caught news of my mother and I's falling out. My mom was very much so the middle man in our relationship and hated conflict in any form. As much as I loved the both of them, I just needed my mental space today. It was my final day in ATL, I'd deal with the drama once I got to Korea. I'm sure that giving me this space was the least they could do.

Swiping away at the call notifications, I shot her a quick text letting her know that I would speak to her a little late and the details on needed some time alone. I also went ahead to wish my mother safety on her flights, before shoving my phone into the back of my jeans and sighing as I took one last look around the room.

The inspiration wall was now covered by paint streaks due to the landlord's plan to renovate, the new owners wanted a brighter color despite the plain, old white that I just loved to see. To my assumption, it was probably a younger, hipster couple or woman if anything; the vibrant paint chosen made me nauseous but I tried my best not to judge; to each their own.

I took one last glance through the windows and shut my eyes, just reminiscing over everything; from the first day I had moved in until now. I loved this space so much that I never thought I would've seen the day. What made it all crazy to me was the fact that, despite what took place within these walls; nothing took away from the positive. It was all that really mattered.

Inhaling a few dramatic deep breaths as they do in the movie all the time, I opened up my eyes and reached for the handle of my suitcase and trotted over to the front door to let myself out. As expected, a tall man stood on the outside awaiting me. Raising his brow, he reached out for my suitcase. "Ready to go?" he asked.

"As ready as I'll ever be." I smirked.

"I think you'll like it Ms. Cruz, give it a chance. Korea is a beautiful place."

"For sure, I wouldn't mind a vacation but this... is a lot. ATL is my home." I shut the door behind me and shrugged.

"Home is where the heart is." He shot back, gesturing for me to go ahead.

"And that right there is why I don't want to leave." I gave him a small smile while reaching into my pocket for my mask.

"Someone holding you back?" he inquired.

"Uh... something like that."

We climbed onto the elevator and silently made our way down. Arriving into the parking garage, the Black Escalade sat right in front of the entrance. My other guard stood watch as the one from upstairs helped me get in. He shut the door for me and placed my bag into the back before climbing into the passenger's side, his partner hopping into the drivers.

"We gotta head to my parents' cottage, I gotta drop something off for the new owners. Then we can head to the airport."

"Sounds good, Ms. Cruz." The driver said.

I told him the address before leaning my head against the window and shutting my eyes. I ran my hand over the little bump I had underneath the XL hoodie that I wore for good measure. Although it wasn't as big as I thought it up to be in my head, the bump was still there and meant so much more than words could ever describe. I felt hurt that Dominic wasn't here anymore, but knowing that he technically was; warmed me up inside.