𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨

Ep 2: Play it hard to get

________

Jake walked towards the kitchen and opened the fridge the moment he reached his own house.

'What was that?'
He thought to himself.

"Something's bothering you?"
He almost choke as Sunghoon suddenly appeared with his bag of gummy bears all of a sudden.

"What the hell are you doing here Park Sunghoon?"

Park Sunghoon, His bestfriend and one of the major investor of both the Nexus Group and the Shim Group. He's also Hae-rin's acquaintance.

Sunghoon just arched his eyebrow, putting more gummy bears on his mouth and spoke.

"So what is it?"
He ignored Jake's question and asked him again. Jake shrugged his shoulder.

"None of your business. Just a small problem."
He said, putting the water bottle on the trash can that he just emptied and taking another one from the fridge.

"And what is it?"
Jake looked away, trying to think of some excuse that would satisfy Sunghoon's nosy side.

"Remember Jung Suhee?"

"The obsessed woman who kept following you? The one that started your fandom and ended up being a bunch of stalkers that mobbed you on the airport? The one who made you feel scared and uncomfortable? She hurt you just to take pictures and just touch you. That's really bad. She's so scary. What's with her?"
Jake nodded his head.

"She kept calling me yesterday. It's so annoying."
He said. Sunghoon rubbed his chin to think of how to get rid of her.

Suddenly, Jake's phone rang.

He looked at the screen trying to figure out who is the caller but then Sunghoon took it from his hands

"If it's not the ugly bitch? YOU KNOW WHAT? YOU SHOULD REALLY FUCK OFF WHILE I CAN STILL CONTROL MY-"
Sunghoon stopped talking as he heard the voice from the other side of the phone.

"...... Uncle?"
Jake facepalmed the moment he realized Sunghoon was talking to his father. Sunghoon froze on his position like a stone.

"Ahh- No- it's not you-... I was mistaken. I'm very very sorry. I'll give the phone to jake now."
He threw the phone to Jake's direction and shoved gummy bears unto his mouth just to shut himself up.

"Yes dad?"
Jake answered.

"What's wrong with Sunghoon?"

"Ahh nothing. Don't mind him."
Jake glared at Sunghoon's direction.

"Why did you call?"
He asked his father.

"You already know why."
Jake's expression hardened. Sunghoon noticed it and moved closer to hear what they are talking about.

"Is this about that girl?"

"Yeah. Why did you do that?"

"I did nothing."

"Exactly. You did nothing."

".... What am i supposed to do?"

"Oh god son. Are you playing dumb or you're just too clueless?"

"Neither of the two. I did nothing wrong."
He said, leaning on the kitchen counter. Sunghoon frowned his forehead, trying to decipher what are they talking about.