1.15

Luke

This is clearly a long shot. I had a better chance of finding a Bobby pin in a needle stack. But as I have shown all of you these past forty eight hours, I am very good at being dumb.

It's a skill.

The more you use it, the stronger it gets.

And I am clearly on some top level stupid.

The entire room was silent. Everyone had given me a look of bewilderment after the words came out of my mouth, they quickly switched to staring at Stormella with caution.

I know she is going to say no. There is no way she won't.

Her eyebrows were furrowed and I could tell she was trying to find a polite way to say no. Here I am putting her in awkward situations again.

Selfishness is also a skill.

"Why?" Ashton said it for her and for a spilt second I felt that familiar rage I had, back when I was fucking around. A deep breath made it go away though.

Of course Ashton would take control of this. He's always sticking himself in other people's business. In fact, you think he'd be happy to have her come since he thinks he can just fuck her too.

Isn't there some rule about fucking your friends ex?

Actually, she wasn't even my girlfriend. She wasn't really anything to me then.

Lying is a skill too.

But we weren't dating so I guess that rule doesn't apply.

"I want to make it up to her." I said as I looked to her, meeting her eyes before she looked to Ashton.

"And what is your definition of 'making it up to her?'" Michael asked.

"Whatever she wants."

"You're not flying her out and fucking with her feelings again." Calum said quietly.

I wanted to elbow him for saying it but I didn't. It took all of my self control.

"Could I talk to Luke alone?" Stormella asked before anyone could say anything else.

Michael and Calum nodded and headed for the front door. Ashton hesitated for a moment but followed the other boys. Once the door closed I felt my body tense up.

She walked over and sat on the couch. Putting her hands on her face.

"Luke, you do realize what you did to me and how you treated me was wrong, right?"

I nodded but then realized she couldn't see me.

"Yes." I answered.

Did she think I didn't spend a lot of time reflecting on that? In rehab and after.

She didn't saying anything so I sat beside her on the couch.

"I want to make it up to you." I paused, searching for something other than that to prove that I really was sorry. "I know that I hurt you, and I am so sorry. I know that what I just did doesn't help my case, but I really do feel terrible."

She was quiet for a long time.

After a minute she sighed.

"Luke, you do realize that I don't like you like I used to right?" She said quietly.

What does that mean? She doesn't like me like when we were friends? Or did she mean the other way?

"Not in that way." I said.