Fight Me

Spending time with Kuvira felt like she wasn't spending time at all. Sukara could never tell how much time had passed once she finally took her eyes off of her.

"Sukara," Kuvira said, snapping her out of her thoughts. Kuvira smiled as she watched Sukara get a little embarrassed after being caught staring at her. "I said, do you want to come to the gym and train with me?"

"Oh, yeah, sure," Sukara stuttered, getting back into the conversation, "beats dancing."

Kuvira chuckled a little, "come one," she said, reaching out and tapping Sukara's hand in a gesture for her to follow her but Sukara grabbed it instead. A light blush flushed across Kuvira's cheeks as she felt Sukara's soft fingers linked in with hers.

"Can't have you running off now can we," Sukara smirked as Kuvira stared down at their two hands intertwined.

The sudden burst of confidence made Kuvira want to throw Sukara up against the wall right there. Kiss her and finally get into this tension between them but, it was in the middle of a corridor where anyone could walk past and see them so, she decided to control herself.

"I could never catch you if you ran," Sukara continued, letting Kuvira lead her down the corridor by the hand, "with those long legs, don't think I could keep up."

"You're not that short," Kuvira laughed.

"But I feel like it," Sukara complained, "I didn't used to be this small, everyone else is taller than me now. I got played, I got played by evolution."

#####

Once in the training gym, Kuvira said she wanted to spar with Sukara. No weapons, no bending, just fight training.

"I see you're still scared to fight me properly," Sukara teased as they got into their stances.

"I see you still think less of non benders," Kuvira said, returning the taunting as she settled in her position, arms up, ready to go.

"You would really throw that at me," Sukara smirked, looking her up and down. Noting her foot position and attack pose.

"I would," Kuvira said as she swung forward. Throwing a punch Sukara's way, but Sukara was unfazed, she was ready for it.

She ducked quickly under Kuvira's outstretched arm, holding onto her wrist to keep it in position. Her other hand grabbed underneath Kuvira's knee. In a final move, Sukara swung her leg around the back of Kuvira's legs and pushed hard with her shoulder, sending her opponent to the floor.

"Ugh," Kuvira grunted as she hit the floor, "should've known you weren't checking me out."

"I can multitask," Sukara smiled, readjusting her feet slightly, giving Kuvira her opportunity to strike.

She swiped out with one of her legs, hitting the back of Sukara's feet as they were moving, knocking her down.

"That's cheating," Sukara laughed as she began to sit herself up.

"That's debatable," Kuvira smiled, before quickly turning, trying to crawl away to get back up.

Sukara lunged forward, grabbing Kuvira's right foot. She pulled, spinning Kuvira over as she all but threw her underneath her.

"I win," Sukara whispered, her whole body propped up on her hands and knees over Kuvira's.

There was a moment where nothing happened, no one spoke or did anything. But then, Kuvira pulled herself up, grabbing Sukara by the back of the head, pulling her in. Their lips finally met after the past days of longing glances and imagined scenarios. It felt amazing, but Sukara had made a mistake. One of her legs was in between Kuvira's, making it easy for Kuvira to knock her over. Sukara ended up flat on her back with Kuvira straddled over the top of her.

"Not this time," Kuvira smirked, pinning both of Sukara's wrists to the mat.

"I'm not entirely sure about that."

Sukara didn't care about the sparring match anymore. She leant up and kissed Kuvira again. It caught Kuvira by surprise, making her clench onto Sukara's wrists harder. Sukara just deepened the kiss, not caring about anything else. Eventually Kuvira let go as she got lost in the moment, allowing Sukara to finally put her hands on her.

They began to explore each other as the kiss heated up. Sukara found Kuvira's waist and hoisted her up, to sit her more in her lap as they sat up.

"No, lay down," Kuvira mumbled against Sukara's lips, pushing against her shoulders.

Sukara obeyed, laying back down. Carefully, Sukara rolled them over, stroking a loose bit of Kuvira's hair between her fingers. The moment was perfect.

"That doesn't look like proper fight training," a familiar, gravely toned voice said, causing them to break apart rather suddenly.

"Fuck, Lin," Sukara said in surprise, more to herself than anything. She struggled to make eye contact with the police chief as she tried to contain her internal screaming. "How are you?"

Lin just raised an eyebrow at them, her arms folded tightly across her chest.

"Listen, Lin, Chief, um," Sukara stuttered awkwardly, the two of them getting themselves up off of the floor.

Sukara made her way over to Lin and Kuvira made her way, as fast as she could, out of the room.

"Hey Lin, that...that was... well... exactly what it looked like but," Sukara said, trying to get to her point, "I gotta ask, can you not say anything, to anyone. Especially Su."

"And why would I do that?" Lin asked sternly, a light glare on her face.

"Because you like me?"

"Don't push it."

"Come on Lin, please," Sukara begged, "for me."

"You were supposed to be watching her," Lin told her, looking a little disappointed, "not getting on top of her."

"I don't know, I would say I was watching her pretty closely," Sukara joked, avoiding eye contact with Lin.

"I don't need to know that," Lin said, a little grossed out.

"Okay, new deal," Sukara said, getting an idea, "I will never talk to you about this again, if you don't tell Su."

Lin frowned, thinking for a second. Sukara waited but it felt like it was taking too long.

"It's not even just that stuff," Sukara said, trying to really drive it home, "it'll be the complaining as well. If you tell Su, she'll fire me. I won't be able to see Kuvira again. Think about it Lin, I'll be telling you all about it, how my heart is broken, how I miss her so much. I might even cry, you want me to show you?"

"No, don't do that."

"I was neglected as a child, I know how to cry for attention," Sukara said, starting to well up.

"No. Oh Spirits, stop it. I won't tell Su," Lin said frantically, trying to stop Sukara from crying even if they were fake tears.

"Oh thank you Lin. You're the best." she exclaimed as she almost ran out of the training gym before Lin had a chance to change her mind.