Chapter 12

Spade: I'm back! Man, that mission got me tiring. What did I miss?

Spade asks as he appears from his teleportation, landing in the middle of a cafeteria. He landed on top of the table, which is occupied by Kal'tsit. However, Spade didn't notice the angry look on her face. Surprisingly, the Colonel is also here.

Spade: Colonel!

Upon seeing his pet, Spade picks up Colonel and excitedly pet her.

Spade: Hey, Colonel. How are you?

Spade asks as Colonel lets out a happy choo. He then notices a card hanging around her.

Spade: What's this?

Spade then looks at the card to see it's an I.D for Colonel marking her a Rhodes Island official.

Spade: Wow! Okay, I was not expecting that.

Spade said as he pats Colonel for her surprising promotion.

Kal'tsit: Spade

Upon hearing his name, Spade looks at the other side of the table to see Kal'tsit, though he couldn't make out what kind of expression she was making on her blank face, he could faintly see the pure rage in her eyes. Spade scanned the table to see an empty plate in front of her, he then looked at the dirty floor to see a half-eaten fish.

Spade: Hehe... whoops?

Kal'tsit: You ruined my dinner...

Spade: Sorry! I'll make it up to you!

Kal'tsit: No, you'll pay for it.

Behind Kal'tsit, Mont3r floated next to her, it growled before roaring as it charges towards Spade.

Spade:「Phantom Nightmare」!

The Phantom from Spade's last mission appears as it lets out an unknown sound.

As Kal'tsit Mont3r charges at the Phantom, it suddenly stops in front of it.

Spade Thoughts: Why did it stop?

Then the unexpected happens, the Phantom then starts to head pat Mont3r causing it to let out happy noises.

Spade: Okay, I wasn't expecting that as well.

Spade said as he looks on with surprise.

Kal'tsit: What's your thing doing to Mont3r?!!

Spade: Giving it head pats of course! 

Soon, both the Phantom and Mont3r disappear.

Spade: Now about that apology.

Spade then walks into the kitchen and walks out with a dish in his hands, presenting it to Kal'tsit.

Spade: Here

The dish in question is salmon cover in spices with vegetables and a side of teriyaki.

Kal'tsit stared at the meal before grabbing a fork and taking a piece of salmon and dip it in the teriyaki before placing it in her mouth.

Spade: It's my first attempt. I hope you like it.

Kal'tsit's eyes lit up for a bit when she tasted the meal, but it quickly faded when she saw Spade staring at her.

Kal'tsit: It's passable.

Spade: Really?

Spade asks with a surprise look on his face.

???: U-Ummm...