Jump

Chapter 11

Saturday, September 25th, 0:09am

Sneaking my way down the corridor, I carefully inch my way towards the elevator, praying that my converse won't squeak against the linoleum floors

It's completely silent, obviously indicating that almost all of the building's inhabitants were asleep.

Lucky them.

I hold the stuffed grey rabbit against my hip and step into the deserted elevator. There's soft, mind-numbing elevator music that drones in the background and I'm almost tempted to smash my hand against the speaker.
I feel the rabbit's nose twitch against me and I bring him up to my face, supporting his soft tummy on my palm. The stuffed toy glares at me with its almost erie black eyes.

"This is embarrassing," the toy grumbles in an offended tone and sighs dramatically.

"Shhh, Jungkook! You're so much cuter like this! And you kind of remind me of a bunny anyway," I giggle and squeeze his cotton ball tail in adoration.

Bunnykook squeaks in surprise and nuzzles his face into my side indignantly. I coo at how cuddly he looks and I barely resist the urge to snuggle him to death- no pun intended.

After a good hour, Jungkook had finally managed to draw enough energy and possess Taehyung's stuffed toy. It had taken a good amount of concentration and encouragement, but it seems like he's a natural.
We were both shocked when he managed to do it and he'd even shook his little bunny bum, hopping around the apartment in glee when he'd successfully inhabited Mr Pickles the rabbit.

I suppose it is quite concerning that he seems to have an affinity for possessing things, but I decided to brush it off.

Ghost Jungkook is hot, sure. But Bunnykook?
He is adorable.

Now I have him swaddled in a small, blue blanket and pressed into my side as we make our way to the top floor. His little nose prods me from time to time, reminding me that he's still tucked safely beside me.

We both hold our breaths in anxiety as we watch the floor numbers rise. I'm not one hundred percent sure that possessing/ inhabiting the stuffed rabbit would mean that he could leave the floor but it's all we have at the moment.

I'm sure I must look ridiculous, wondering around at ungodly hours of the morning and carrying a toy in a baby blanket.

The floor numbers keep rising and I exhale loudly in relief that Jungkook hasn't fizzled away into nothingness.

He's still cuddled tightly in my arms. I'm almost shocked at how successful the plan turned out to be. I silently pat myself on the back.

I am a ghost expert after all...sort of.

"I-it worked?" Bunnykook squeaks out in utter amazement. "The last time I tried to leave that floor, I poofed back into the apartment. One minute I was climbing the staircase and the next minute, I'm lying back in my apartment all weak and sickly- I couldn't move for days!" His voice is excited as he explains his past attempts of escaping his 6th-floor prison.