Chapter 41

Hi everyone, sorry for the very late update, I hope you enjoy the chapter!
_________________________________
Recap:
Well, one things for sure, were screwed.
_________________________________

Hardin's POV:

"So don't even think about trying to tell a soul or you'll regret it." Alex said as he moved out of the was for Mason.

"Trust me Hardin, you don't want to tell anyone because I'll find out. I find out everything. If you truly like Hailie you won't tell anyone, but either way, well make sure you don't tell anyone. Good day."

And then the door was slammed in my face.

(A/N: I just laughed so hard. No Mason wouldn't actually do that and I'm not a confrontational person and I don't know how to be threatening so just pretend he said smthn that would make you shit your pants)

I stood there for what felt like forever, just taking in what I heard. I finally snapped out of it when I heard muffled talking from inside.

"Thank god she's ok."

Maybe not mentally, but atleast she's not passed out on the floor anymore.
(A/N: BAHAHHAHA IM DYING I CANT TAKE MYSELF SERIOUSLY. PLS PRETEND HE JUST SAID SMTHN THAT SOMEONE WOULD SAY IF THEIR FRIEND FAINTED BUT IS'NT ANYMORE 😃👍)

I turned around and started walking home. I vaguely remember walking home and ending up on my bed. All I could think about was Hailie.

That's why she acted so weird at dinner.

She was abused.

It hurts so much to think about that. Hailie was an amazing, happy, beautiful, kind human being. I can't even imagine her going through that.

I walk up my porch and use the the key to unlock the door. Just as the lock clicks open, I can hear feet tapping on the wooden floors inside and I immediately smile a little.

"Bubba!" A high pitched voice shrieks and i feel something cling to my leg.

"Hi buddy!" I pick up my little brother Daniel and hug him close. I kiss his forehead and put him back on the ground and crouch to his height.

"How's my favorite brother?" I ask pinching his cheeks.

"Gwate! Todway in awrt cwass we drew out families. And look! I drew you too bubba!" He shoves a piece of paper in my face and I hold it infront of me to see 4 stuck figures. A man with brown hair, a woman with blond hair, a tall boy holding a dog on a leash and a little boy with blonde hair holding a cat.

We don't have pets.

I laugh and hug him close. "Wow buddy! This looks great. How about we hang it on the fridge?"

Daniel shrieks in excitement and watched me with big blue eyes as I tape it to the fridge.

He hugs my leg tight and I pay his back. He runs into the living room, and starts to play with his toy trucks.

A faint smile appears on my face, but quickly vanished once I remember Hailie.

She didn't get to have her childhood years like Daniel is having. She didn't get to live a normal life until her brothers took her in.

Her brothers.

Maybe that's why they were so overprotective of her. They knew.

It broke my heart to think about what happened to Hailie, but I knew I shouldn't dwell on that. I quickly call me neighbor and ask if she can watch Daniel for a little bit, and she quickly agrees as she loves the little bundle of joy.

I grab my phone and jacket and I leave, leaving the door unlocked for my neighbor.

And of course, I'm going to see Hailie

Hailies POV

I woke back up around half and hour ago and we had all fell into silence in the living room. Mase had left not too long ago because he had to go to his office. I was about to get up and leave but we heard a knock at the door. We all looked at eachother, and then Alex went to the door. He opened it just enough to reveal Hardin. I gasped and immediately wanted to get up and leave but I felt a hand on my shoulder and looked up to see Cole.

He mouthed "Wait, let's see what he wants."

I nod back and my leg bounces up and down as my anxiety gets the next of me.

I could hear hushed voices from the door and I wondered what they were saying to eachother. I never found out what they said to eachother but what Hardin said was enough for Alex to let him in.

Alex looked at me and back at Hardin. He went over to my brothers, whispered something to them and they all started to leave the house. Alex whispered one last thing to Hardin before closing the door behind him.

This left me and Hardin in an uncomfortable silence.

"Hailie" He started to talk and immediately wanted to curl up in a hole and die.

"I know that you must feel awful right now that I heard, but I just want you to know," He takes a few steps towards me, "that you don't need to feel bad."

I looked away from him and to my feet.

"Hailie, I know you didn't want me to find out this way, and you might not have wanted me to find out at all. But in a way, I'm kind of... glad I found out. I'm not glad I found out like this, but atleast now I know how I can help you. I know that you might have fears that a guy you date might treat you like the men that have hurt you, but I promise, I will never treat you like that. I wish this never happened to you, you never deserved any of this, and I don't know how I could ever be good enough to treat you good enough and I-"

I immediately shut him up by pressing my lips to his.  Tears clouded my eyes but I quickly shut my eyes and blocked my tears away.

My first kiss. Well the first kiss that I agreed to. And it was... amazing.

I placed my hands on his shoulders and he placed his hands on my waist. His lips feel so soft and I never thought that a kiss could feel good.

I pulled away and hugged him. I hugged him with everything I had.

"Please don't say that Hardin. I never wanted you to be dragged into this. I wanted to have a normal relationship with you that didn't involve you walking in egg shells around me. I wanted that part of my life to be gone. I can never take away the pain that those men have burned onto me, but I just want you to know, that because of you, for these past few months that you've been in my life, you've bought me nothing but joy and happiness. You don't need to worry, I already like you, and I always will. Please don't forget that. I just hope I can be good enough for you. After everything I've been though I though someone would never want someone like me, but you've pushed all that fear away and I feel like I can be myself around you. I can be me. And that's something no one can ever take away from me while I'm with you."

I never wanted Hardin to be pulled into my mess, but I'm so glad he did. I needed him, I needed a new light in my life. And that's exactly what he gave me.

My brothers, my friends, and Hardin. They were the lights in my life that lit everything up and burned away the evil. And I love each and everyone one of them more then they could ever know.

They saved me.
And I will forever be grateful.

The end.