Part 8

The news that your father dropped about getting married to Kim Taehyung was nothing but an explosion for you. You frowned to yourself thinking about it as you made your way towards the office building. Your head was filled with him only since yesterday and your mind was scattered in every other place.

You walked towards the lift mindlessly only to bump with a hard figure on the way. "Uh...sorry" you said immediately but gasped as the person was none other than your boss, Kim Taehyung himself. You blinked your eyes several times as he gave you a hard stare before walking into the lift followed by you.

You stood at a far corner of the lift after greeting him but he didn't even reply back to you as he kept himself busy on his phone. He wasn't actually doing anything but fiddling with his phone only to avoid you. His brain was only talking about you since the time his family disclosed their wish of him getting married to you.

"Umm... sir.." you already analysed from his weird behaviour that he knew about the marriage proposal and hence tried to make the first move. "Keep shut!" He didn't even raise his head to look at you. "But sir-" you frowned because of his arrogance but got interrupted again.

"Quiet Miss Lee" you huffed looking away. "And dad thinks he is the one for me!" You murmured under your breath. The lift was about to reach the top floor, instead you two heard a loud rolling sound before the lift shook and then halted. You plastered your back to the wall for support while the floor beneath you shook as if there was an earthquake.

"What happened?" You gasped in horror and looked at him who also looked a little tense but still maintained his calm. "I think there are some technical issues" he dialled a number, fixing his gaze on the door of the lift while you stood in the corner, gulping in fear. You weren't claustrophobic but the sudden stoppage of the lift and the thought of getting stuck with him was scaring you.

"Yeah there are some technical problems. The workers are working." He folded his arms and leaned back on the wall. "What would we do now?" You looked at him with your big, scared eyes. "Nothing. Just wait patiently till the lift is repaired." He shrugged his shoulders nonchalantly.

"Patiently? I am losing all my patience. How can I be patient…? We are stuck here. Are you even understanding my situation?" You panicked while talking in a hurry. "Miss Lee calm down. You are not stuck alone." He gave you a blank look and you gritted your teeths angrily. How can he be so calm in this situation?

"Exactly! It would have been better if I would have been stuck alone but with you!" You scoffed and he rolled his eyes on you, looking away but felt the small jerk on the lift. A squeal left your lips and you instantly walked towards him, standing close to him. "What?" He looked at your side, raising his brows.

"You might feel scared sir….so…" you shuttered, forcing a smile at him while tapping the sweat formed on your forehead with the handkerchief. "Oh! I might feel scared?" He scoffed, making a face and you licked your lower lip, feeling extremely nervous.

"When will it be repaired?" You groaned. "I am not the mechanic!" You got a monotonous reply in return. "Th-This feels so pa-paranormal…" you roamed your eyes around and just then the lights of the lift flickered and again there was a jerk.

You jumped in fear and instantly hugged him from the side, holding him tightly while yelling. "Oh my god! No no no! There is a ghost here sir….there is a ghost…" Taehyung's back dashed against the wall as you hugged him with force and he instantly raised his arms, avoiding to touch you.

"Miss Lee…" he called you but you shut your eyes tightly, getting a room to hug him from front and hence did the same. His heartbeats raised as you encircled your arms around his waist and pushed your head into his chest, murmuring some prayers.