Hundred Twenty Eight

Benjamin was holding his books against his chest, following Noah in the hallway. "Babe? Can we talk, please? You're being...Irrational."

"How am I being irrational!"

Benjamin furrows his brows and reaches out to grab Noah's arm. He drags him into an empty classroom, shutting the door behind himself.

Noah looks down at the boy in front of him. "What?"

Benjamin sets his books down on the desk, grabbing Noah's hands. "I understand you're upset, you have every right to be, but stop being so negative, Noah. Are you kidding me? You don't know what's gonna happen in the future."

"I know I don't, that's the problem, bebesita."

Benjamin frowns at him. "Hey? What's going on? You don't have to think like this."

"I'm just...So used to everyone leaving. My family has been split up so many times. I've lost so much I don't wanna lose you too."

Oh, baby, you're not gonna lose me."

"What if we get separated?"

"Then we'll make it work. Okay? You're the most important thing to me and we're not gonna let distance change that, understand?"

**
Gabi smiles at Benjamin. "Would you do my makeup for prom?"

Benjamin shrugs. "Sure. I can't promise it's gonna be like...that good."

"Shut the fuck up, you know you're good at makeup."

Jazmyne smiles. "Oh my gosh, would you do mine too? All I know how to do is apply lipgloss and false lashes."

"I guess, you guys really want me to?"

Gabi nods her head as she takes a sip from her drink. "I've seen you do your makeup, and even mine sometimes and it's so good. You should do it more!"

Noah and Lucas appear at the lunch table. Noah smiles at Benjamin and sits down next to him, kissing him on the lips. "Hey."

Benjamin smiles back. "Hi."

Jazmyne nods her head. "Also, I've seen your Instagram and, it's so good. So you're definitely doing mine."

Lucas sits down next to Gabi, stealing her bag of chips and eating some. "What are we talking about?"

Benjamin sits up. "Prom."

Noah props his elbows on the table, using his hands to hold his head. "Really? Thought you didn't wanna go?"

Benjamin shrugs. "I'd feel out of place. I hate suits but...Too scared to wear a dress, so what would I wear?"

Noah shakes his head, reaching out to fix Benjamin's septum piercing. "I'm sure there's a workaround."

Jazmyne nods. "True. You could wear...A loose button-up with nice dress pants. There's no specific dress code!"

Gabi's eyes widen and she smiles. "Yeah! Like that...really nice white silk shirt you have? Something like that."

Noah smiles, turning his head to look at Benjamin. "See?"

Benjamin blushes and smiles at Noah. "We'll see."