CH 11 - Are stupid rumors really that stupid?

Floating in darkness with zero track of time or sense was one of the worst tortures Kai had ever faced in his life. How much ever he tried to move through the sea of unconsciousness, he never found an exit.

The only certainly he had found in this world of nothingness, was the subtle shifts to sub-consciousness every few....hours? Days? Weeks?! He no longer knew. And he wasn't exactly thrilled by the certainty either, not after the first one, the most recent one, had left him in a state of shock for.... He didn't know for how long. Could people experience shock when unconscious? Or was he in a come now? Or better yet, dead?

He sometimes thought he could here other voices, voices both of past and present, of dead and alive, of loved ones and hated, muttering and whispering from a far away place, although a tunnel separated them. And sometimes a few words did make sense, but he could not keep up with the happenings around him. This was one of those times.

"...ay strong, this will hurt. " But before he could even register the female's voice, a sharp pain was set in his chest. He could suddenly feel something quite large pushing painfully through his flesh, moving in deeper and deeper, as though someone was twisting a knife inside him. The pain intensified with every passing second, and every second seemed to stretch for minutes. I guess I did mention that I've been losing my sense of time, didn't I? Breathing became strained, before it seemed to have stopped when it came in contact with something of a similar material, sending a set of minor vibrations. He felt like clawing himself, anything to make the pain stop. But he could not make a physical contribution to the situation, whatsoever.

He felt a final tug before his body was rid of both the artificial intruders. The dents and cuts in his already torn out flesh, his clenched muscles, his tightened jaw seemed to sigh for a moment before the intensity of the injury hit him suddenly like crashing into a brick wall. He was sure to be battling to breath now. As though the previous pain wasn't enough, at least it came in stages. He mused dryly.

The high pain left as soon as it came. His body, as though he and it were any much different, takes a huge breath to compensate it's lack of oxygen in the last few minutes. And for the first time since God knew when, Kai seemed to have some semblance of control over himself, use his voice. Though he wasn't able to say some sense, Ihe lets out a loud groan as hundreds of whispers burst into the air, giving him an instant headache.

"...successful-will be awake by... "

"..beep, beep, beep.... "

"sir, shall I-

"..visitors.."

But before he could even grasp the entire contents of the conversation, he was once again tugged back into the realm of nothingness.

******

Tyson woke up late in the evening. The long nap had left him feeling fresh and only slightly sore from yesterday's lack of sleep. But most importantly,  his appetite had returned. He quickly made his way to the kitchen to make himself something to eat. Without Ray's constant vigilance on his junk consumption, he made himself comfortable with a plate of sandwiches and three bowls of chips on the sofa. While lazily flicking through the television channels, he came across the sports news. 

We are here today with the latest updates on the wild rumours going around about the Blade Breakers, and the supposed attack that took place during the recording for the Grand-Finale of the Japan's Talk Show. A Live Press Conference would commence shortly, with the chairman, Mr Dikenson along with the Blade Breakers from the BBA Headquarters. Over to the Live Telecast Team.