Blood Bending

we went back to the inn and sokka placed his baskets on the table.

'that hama seems a little strange.' he said, 'like she knows something, or she's hiding something.'

katara scoffed, 'that's ridiculous. she's a nice woman who took us in and gave us a place to stay. she kind of reminds me of gran-gran.'

'but what did she mean by that comment, "mysterious children"?'

'gee, i don't know. maybe because she found four strange kids, camping in the woods at night? isn't that a little mysterious?'

sokka looked back at me and began ascending up a flight of stairs, 'i'm gonna take a look around.'

'sokka! sokka, what are you doing? you can't just snoop around someone's house!' cried katara, following us.

'it'll be fine.'

we looked round the landing, checking for anything super weird.

until i opened a cabinet.

'AHH!' i screamed, running backwards into sokka and making us both fall over.

'WHAT IS IT-' began aang, running in from another room, 'oh.'

i pulled myself up and pointed at the puppets that were hanging out of the wall.

'are you not SEEING THIS?' i said, seriously terrified by them.

'ok, that's pretty creepy.' he agreed.

'so... she's got a hobby. there's nothing weird about that. sokka and y/n, you've looked enough. hama will be back soon.' said katara, annoyed.

sokka found another set of stairs and went to a door at the top, 'just an ordinary, puppet-loving innkeeper, huh? then why does she have a locked door up here?'

'probably to keep people like you from snooping through her stuff!'

'we'll see.' said sokka looking through the keyhole, 'it's empty except for a little chest.'

toph jumped up and down excitedly,

'maybe it's treasure.'

he picked up his sword and began unlocking the door.

'sokka, what are you doing? you're breaking into a private room.' cried katara, angrily.

'i have to see what's in there.'

the door clicked open and he was right.

the only thing in the room was a tiny chest on a table.

i went nearer to it and picked it up, examining the box.

'we shouldn't be doing this.'

'maybe there's a key here somewhere.' i said, looking around.

but toph stole it from my hands, 'oh, hand it over.'

she took her armband off and turned it into a key.

'what... is that?' i asked

'space rock - now be quiet i need to concentrate' she replied.

space what-

'come on, come on!' said sokka while we crowded round the box.

'this isn't as easy it looks.'

'guys, i don't know about this.' aang muttered.

katara rolled her eyes and began to walk away, 'this is crazy, i'm leaving.'