Chapter 49: New Winners and a Proud Loser

Credits to google for all the photos used....

Everyone of the participants started preparing and slicing their ingredients. They're all moving as fast as they can and looked so tensed, but Mitsuri and Shinobu just looked so relaxed. They looked like they aren't bothered by it at all. In the middle of their cooking, the audiences could smell the aroma of the food all being mixed up together around them. This made a lot of the people drool and hungry.

'With this kind of competition, everyone of them would be able to show everything they've learned about cooking and food as to please the judges and the audience.'
Ryuugi thought as he watch the participants.
'With this, they'll be able to see their efforts and hard work they've done in order to learn.'

With that, they heard the sound of the gong again and every participants put their hands behind their heads and stopped moving. The judges all stood up and walked around.

'This will also show how skilled and polished a person is. If they can't finish preparing their food within the given amount of time, even if the food might taste delicious, they're out.'
Ryuugi thought again as he watch two participants being pulled out not being able to finish preparing their food on time.

"This is starting to get even more interesting." Ryuugi commented which caught his friends' attention.

"Well it really is." Obanai said agreeing.

"Heh! So you noticed it too." Tengen replied.

The next round started again. Everyone moved around again. They might seem to be fighting against each other in cooking, but no, their actual enemy here is time itself. A single flaw and everything will be ruined. A single distraction and everything will be a mess. At this, everyone's focused not even glancing at their fellow participants or the audiences like what they did during the past few rounds.

Shinobu and Mitsuri's pretty fast and are almost working and moving at the exact same time. After all, the both of them cooked together and prepared foods with each other. Despite the limited time they have, the two still managed to glance at each other before putting their ingredients altogether. They might look like they're cooking the same food but they're not. Soon after that, the round was finished again.

Until they managed to reach the eighth round and finish it again.

"Now that's a lot." Tengen said seeing seven people to be pulled out.

"At least they've done their best." Ryuugi replied.

There were only a total of five participants left on stage. They all stayed until the two were pulled out after the nineth round. A total of three were left for the last round.

"Since this will be the last round, our judges for this time will be the former head chefs of the chief's family!" The proctor announced.

Five new people went up and sat at the side again. They looked obviously old, a lot older than Ayato's father.

"With this, we will know which one amongst the three of you shall be pulled out and the remaining two to serve both the chief and his wife."

The three focused on listening. Right after the proctor's signal, they all started moving again.

'Thirty minutes....'
Shinobu thought.
'... That's the only time we have!'

'This is already the last round! I'm happy that me and Shinobu-chan finally reached this point!'
Mitsuri thought as she hold back herself from squealing.

Within the given time they all finished it. The judges all stood up and went to each of them tasting their dish. They all gave a positive response and opinion.