Chapter 5

The whole time we were walking to Gretchen's house, Roman wouldn't shut up about his excitement.

"I think Tyler's into me. I don't know yet. " He muttered.

"So my gaydar is correct."

"Honey, you only have gaydar if you're-" he paused, giving me a wide eyed look. "Are you?"

"No. But I kissed a girl 2 months ago."

"Oh. I need to make it more obvious. I was thinking going blonde..."

I rolled my eyes at his chattering before I caught a glimpse of the large house in the distance.

I started to hear the music get louder as we walked closer to the house. I pushed the already open door, and we went inside.

Loud music blared in my ears and the coloured lights flashed with every vibration.

I went straight to the bar at the side of the room, and took a seat as eyes followed. I already wanted this night to be over, but I told myself to suck it up for at least an hour.

"Hey, Sherry right?" A voice with a Floridian surfer boy accent asked. I looked up to see a blonde haired dude I had never seen before.

"Shy." I corrected, giving him a disinterested look.

"Shy-right. Do you want to get some air?" He asked, and I could smell the alcohol from his breath. I lifted my face to see him staring at my boobs.

"Get out of my face." I simply said, and my voice was enough to make him speed walk away. I rested my face in my hands. God I hate men.

"A whiskey on the rocks, and make it fucking fast." A low voice growled as I heard someone sit next to me.

By the corner of my eye I could already see it was Enzo. I could sense his cold eyes moving on me, and tried to ignore it.

"Do you want to take a picture? It'll fucking last longer." I scowled, and a random guy behind him pulled out his phone.

Enzo shot a glare at him and the guy put his phone away with panic and hurried away.

"Maybe we got off on the wrong foot." He said as he threw his head back and downed the last of his whiskey. He then tipped the glass towards me.

"No." I said stubbornly. "I'm not sleeping with you."

A hardness took over his expression. "I never asked you to sleep with me."

"Quit staring then."

"I'll stare at whoever I want to stare at." He suddenly snapped. A curvy brunette girl came over to him, and he slipped his arm around her waist before standing up.

As he walked away I shook my head. Man-whore.

I stood up to get away from the bar, before I bumped into someone who raced past me.

"Hey!" I said aggressively without seeing who it was. I rubbed my elbow which was starting to throb.

"Ow- that hurt!" A girls voice spoke. I looked up to see a girl around my age, with dark skin, black hair in neat and long box braids, and green eyes.