XXI

22 BBY

22 BBY

Coruscant

The Jedi Master and Padawan stood in the center of the Jedi Council room, awaiting for their responses. Anakin glanced from his Master towards Master Yoda and Master Windu, curious as to what their approach to the situation would be. Anakin acknowledged the thoughtful expression which spread across Master Yoda's face, "Track down this bounty hunter, you must Obi-Wan." Master Yoda stated, while the other council members looked at the pair with expressionless faces.

"Most importantly, find out who he's working for." Master Windu instructed, following up from Master Yoda's assignment for Obi-Wan. For the first time in ages, Anakin remained silent as he awaited for more instructions that came their way. He wanted to know what would happen to Padmé, especially since she was in a lot of danger. she had two attempts on her life in one day; Anakin knew that if she stayed on Coruscant for any longer, her life would be more at risk.

"Escort you, Padawan Jaika Skywalker will." Master Yoda revealed, making Anakin's eyebrows twitch upwards in surprise. Why Jaika was assigned to the mission and he wasn't confused Anakin. He knew that she was assigned to protect Padmé, but Obi-Wan was his Master, surely he should go with him. Obi-Wan took in Master Yoda's instructions and simply nodded in return. Anakin glanced from Obi-Wan towards Master Yoda with a questioning expression morphed across his face.

"Master Yoda, with all due respect; shouldn't Jaika stay with Senator Amidala? She was assigned to aid her." Anakin spoke up, making the Jedi Masters glance in his direction. Obi-Wan looked to the side at his Padawan and raised his eyebrow slightly. Something told Obi-Wan that Anakin did not like the fact that Jaika was assigned to go on a mission with him, while he was given nothing so far.

"Jaika has been successful so far in protecting Senator Amidala's life; but we have decided that she would be a lot more useful in a mission such as searching for the killer; considering she's already aware of Gunray's deceptive plans from previous missions. Do not worry, my Padawan is well trained and disciplined, she will be alright." Master Plo expressed, making Anakin gaze towards the Kel Dor Jedi, who sat in the corner with a peaceful posture, sitting with his hands joined together. Anakin decided to not defy the Council, as he simply nodded to show his respect towards their decisions.

"What about Senator Amidala? She will still need protecting." Obi-Wan questioned, as if he had read Anakin's previous thoughts. Anakin glanced to his side, discreetly observing his Master who asked the question, before he looked forward at the two Jedi Masters who sat in front of him.

Master Yoda quickly glanced towards Anakin, meeting his curious gaze before the old Jedi moved his gaze back to Obi-Wan with a peaceful look printed upon his face. "Handle that, your Padawan will." Master Yoda answered, making Anakin raise his head slightly in realization that he was not only given his first solo mission, but also the fact that he will be spending a lot of time with Padmé. Anakin carefully moved his gaze away from Master Yoda, up towards Master Windu. "Anakin, escort the Senator back to her home planet of Naboo. She'll be safer there and don't use registered transport, travel as refugees." Windu instructed, while Anakin took in his first mission.