36

Happy Pancake day!

It's literally Tuesday and this week has already been a heckin stress. My laptop has committed the highest treason and is deserving of the death penalty so just spent I think the most money I've ever spent in one go getting a new one.

Here is new chapter so you can be happy while I am sad.

Emma xox

26th August 2010

Stefan would be the first to admit that he had spent the night skulking round the city. It wasn't for any particular reason - he was brooding and that was nothing new. A trail of bodies would be the wrong expression but he had certainly had plenty to drink that night.

The sun was now high in the sky and he had found himself drawn back to Gloria's bar. His annoyance the night before hand been for a multitude of different reasons - the chief of these being the terrifying realisation that the necklace that the original siblings were hellbent on retrieving hung round the neck of the one and only Elena Gilbert.

The more Gloria dug, the more likely it was that she would stumble upon that realisation - if she hadn't already. And if Nik found out it would mean right back to Mystic Falls to find it.

If they did that there would be no more hiding from him that Elena was very alive. Everything would come crashing down, it would put her life in jeaprody again not to mention his own neck for lying about her and not coming clean about the necklace. It would have disastrous consequences. Stefan didn't even want to think about what would happen if Klaus found out that Grace knew that Elena was alive this entire time.

His mind was made up. He hand to convict Gloria not to divulge what she knew - or if she hadn't found out yet, prevent her from doing so.

"There you are," said Gloria as he walked in.

"Thought you were resting."

"Well, now we both have a secret."

"What did you see?"

"It's what I heard that's interesting." She smiled. "You know, the girls with the necklace, they were talking about you."

"Yet you didn't tell Klaus. Why?"

"Cause I wouldn't help that hybrid half-breed with anything." She snapped, insulted that he would ever assume otherwise. But there was more, something else that she was quick to divulge. "The necklace is a talisman from the original witch herself. I want it."

"Well, I'm sorry." He shook his head. "I can't help you."

"Don't be difficult. You know, I'd hate to have to tell Klaus what a liar his sidekick is." If he were a wolf he would have bared his teeth but she wasn't done yet. "Or about Grace - I sure there is plenty he would be shocked to learn about her, those girls certainly talk."

His plan was to finish her off clean and simple. Be over and done with it quickly but she had other ideas. With a slight tilt of her head he was haunted in his tracks, grabbing his head in pain.

"Guess I've got to get it out of you the hard way, huh?" He could only half understand what she was saying as he clutch his head still writhing in plain. It wasn't long before he fell to the floor and his mind went blank.

When he woke he was unsure about how much time had past. His shirt was gone and he was laying on a table, candles scattered the floor but they were the least of his concern. Out the corner of his eye he could make out Gloria, ready and waiting knife in hand, yet as he squirmed and tried to move nothing happened.

"What is this? Why can't I move?"

"Relax. It's just a little paralysis spell. Nothing major."

Despite her useless reassurance he stilled tried to move to nothing seemed to work - he could even wiggle his toes. From the neck down he had no control and so as she loomed over him with a knife all he could do was narrow his eyes and glare her down.