I'm scared

After we came back to Dauntless grounds, I was walking past the pit, when Landon ran up to me.
"Chasm, and hurry!" He yelled, already running toward the bridge.
Startled, I followed him fast and soon regretted that decision.
A body was being lifted up from the chasm.
"Al!" Christina cried, while Tris looked on in disbelief then started walking away quickly.
I gaped at the body. "It- it might not be him." I tried comforting Christina. I ran upto the limp body and turned the face so it was looking at me.
Staring at me with cold,emotionless eyes was no other, than who we thought it was.
"It's Al, alright." Ash, a tattoo artist whispered.
Dex came up behind me, and took one look at Al and bowed his head.
"About time anyway." Called out a voice from the back. "Theres at least one every year."
Dex looked toward the source of the sound. "Shut up, Zayne."
"Did you know him?" Tristan whispered to me and Dex.
"Yeah, we weren't that close though." I replied, sadly taking in the sight.
"Sorry." Tristan said, patting me on the shoulder.
"Yeah, its okay." I said, then I realized that I wanted Eric. I felt safe with him. He always made me feel better. I started leaving to go to his apartment, but saw him talking to Lauren in one of the training rooms. My eyes burned with a bit of jealousy at the sight of them laughing together.
There just friends, Riles. Chill. Eric's not using you.
Eric noticed me a while after, and excused himself from Lauren.
He came up toward me and I don't know what happened to me. I pulled him into another room and started kissing him aggressively. We kept going for a while, but then Eric leaned back.
"What happened?"
I responded by playing with his jacket zipper and not saying anything.
Eric took my hand and pulled me towards him.
"Tell me what happened. Did you get hurt. I'll kill the guy-"
"Eric, no. I didn't get hurt. I'm scared because Al was found dead in the chasm." I stuttered. "Just like Amar was."
Eric took a step forward just as I took a step back. "What do you know about Amar?" He asked.
He noticed that I had taken a step back and looked at me, in disbelief.
"Are you scared of me?" He asked, a bit of hurt in his voice.
"I- no. I just, what happened to Amar?" I was scared for his answer.
Eric looked away from me. "He was divergent, and you know what happens to Divergents." He said, not being able to look at me.
"Eric." I moved towards him. "Did you kill him?" I asked, softly.
Eric looked towards me and sat on the table. "No. I didn't. I told Max I thought he was Divergent and they tested him out. Next thing I knew, he was found dead."

I frowned. "Four blames you."
"Of course he does." Eric replied shortly.
"Sorry about that." I apologized, looking up at him.
Eric stared at me, then went-
"Nothing will happen to you. I won't let anyone or anything hurt you. I promise."
I went up towards him, and put my hands up his shoulders to his face. He put his head down in my chest, and I put my head on top of his head. {Picture above}
"You don't have to promise." I finished.