Chapter 5: Wrong Man

"Cedric! Give me back my scarf!"

Amora chased Cedric down the long windy path as a cold spring breeze filled the air. He had swung her emerald Slytherin scarf around his neck which was now layered right on top of his golden Hufflepuff one. Amora gave him an angry pouty face as Cedric rolled his eyes dramatically. The next thing she knew, Cedric had bundled her in his warm Hufflepuff scarf and only her eyes peeked above it. It was good, however, because it covered Amora who was blushing fiercely.

"Seems like a good trade," Cedric said grinning. Amora simply rolled her eyes before stepping into Hogsmeade, her arm looped through Cedric's. Her eyes widened as she took in the familiar sight of Hogsmeade. Fairy lights were strung from building to building, illuminating the vibrant town. Wizards and witches alike bustled on the cold night, arms filled with goods and shopping bags. Amora dashed into the crowd without a thought, Cedric closely behind her. She peered through a window at brooms and her eyes lit up at a Nimbus 2000.

"I'd kill for one of those," Amora muttered under her breath. She was the Keeper for her team, and she might have been one of the best in the school.

"Hopefully not me," Cedric joked, sidling up beside her. Amora playfully punched his arm before he grabbed her hand and began to drag her through the swarms of people.

"Where are we going?" she asked, but he simply smiled back before they stepped into the Three Broomsticks.

"I got us a booth," he explained, grabbing some Butterbeer. Amora happily slid into a booth. Her cold hands closed around the warm Butterbeer glass. She felt giddy as the hot and sweet liquid met her lips. She looked over to Cedric and started dying of laughter.

"What? What is it LeStrange?" he questioned, perplexed. She simply took a napkin and wiped a foam mustache off of his face and he chuckled to himself, realizing how foolish he must have looked.

"I had a pretty good time tonight," she beamed. Her smile sent butterflies to his chest that were fluttering like mad.

"Well, I was going for that, but we have to unfortunately get going. Mc Gonagall will kill us if we come back late," Cedric explained. Amora sighed before wrapping the Hufflepuff scarf tightly around her neck before they headed back out into the cold.

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

They were finally approaching the castle and the night was coming to an end. Amora felt more than satisfied with their date, but Cedric still had one more thing he wanted to do. He turned to her and was surprised to see her gaze directed upwards.

"What are you looking at?" he asked, confused.

"The stars you dingus, they're gorgeous tonight," she explained, motioning for him to look up. He did, and she was of course right. The stars lit up the night sky like thousands of small jewels across a navy backsplash.