18

'Wait, what was I thinking? That sounded so.. weird!' Norman thought to himself as soon as the sentence left his mouth. He really hope that Emma didn't take that the wrong way.

She didn't though, instead, she smiled and nodded her head, "Sure!" She got up from the table.

Not saying another word, mainly because he had no idea what to say, he began to lead her upstairs. Like she had done on the first floor, Emma had still kept up her scanning of the second floor. Norman was not sure why she had been so amazed by the place, although, he certainly was quite amazed when he had first arrived, but thats just because of his past. Maybe her place wasn't as big? He had never been in her house before, so he wouldn't know. They got to the end of the hallway, and reached his door, which he opened and let her in.

"So like I said, I had no idea you'd be here today, so.. don't mind the mess, please," He said, partially laughing towards the end of his sentence.

"I don't mind!" She said, "Ray's place is always worse, you know that for a fact!" Emma laughed, as she walked up to his desk, "Hey this looks cool!"

'Its.. just a desk?' He thought to himself, not saying it out loud, of course. He felt a little flustered, as he has never had anyone look through his room, let alone the girl he really likes. What if she finds something weird? Did he even own anything weird? Now he was thinking to himself all the possible things the girl could find. He realized that this whole time he had been standing in his doorway, which must be really weird looking, so he walked over to sit down on his bed, since Emma was at the desk.

"Your room is so cool.." She trailed off, a smile still evident on her face. He wasn't quite sure why she was so amazed by everything, but whatever it was, he couldn't help but laugh out loud.

This of course caught her attention, and she turned to the boy, "Whats so funny?"

Norman kept a smile, and shook his head, "Nothing, you just amuse me. Not in a bad way though!" He quickly clarified, "Its more of a.." He trailed off, not knowing how to describe it. Of course he knew what he was trying to say, she just seems to always captivate him whenever she is around, but how is he supposed to explain that to her?

"I guess I'm trying to say I just..you always catch my attention." He said, looking to the side, trying to contain his blush. Emma only smiled in response.

"I could say the same about you," Emma admitted, "You are like..my favorite person!"

'Her favorite..?' He thought to himself. There are literally billions of people alive right now, and out of everyone, he is the favorite? 'It was probably an exaggeration,' he concluded to himself, but it still meant a lot to him.

"Thats probably why I really missed you yesterday!" She stated, which snapped Norman out of his thoughts, "I'm so used to seeing you on Saturdays now, but of course I didn't want to leave Gilda hanging."

"Of course, I'm not your only friend after all," He said, leaning against the wall on his bed, "The others like to spend time with you too."

"Yeah.. but is it wrong of me to say I like your company best?" Emma asked, but her voice wasn't in its normal higher pitch, it was more solemn than before, "I don't want to be a bad friend, so I've never wanted to choose favorites, but thats what I did with you! And don't get me wrong, you are the best friend I could ask for! But, what if its unfair to everyone else?"

Norman saw in her that she truly worried about not being a good friend to everyone else, and it broke his heart to see. She was genuinely an amazing person, so amazing that she thinks she isn't doing enough. But she didn't deserve to feel that way, nobody does, but she especially doesn't.