Chapter 2

Third Person

In Michigan...

Owen sat at his desk. Looking through a case he had been recently, been given about a house robbery that keeps taking place in the same naoighbourhood. When his phone rang. Pulling his attention from his file onto his phone. When he looked down at the phone it read Unknown. He picked it up. On the other side of the line was Lisa, Camerons social worker.

"Hello, this is Owen Davis speaking."

"Hello Owen. My names Lisa I'm a social worker. I'm here right now in Florida with your little sister Cameron__" But was soon intrupted.

"I'm sorry Lisa but I think you got the wrong number. I don't have a younger sister." Not from the last time he checked he didn't.

"Sir was your Mothers name Margaret Jones?" Lisa was a bit fustrated that she was interupted but tried her best to stay calm for the child that sat infront of her.

"Yes?" That came out more like a question. He hadn't heard from his mother ever since she got up and left.

"Well sadly she was killed in a shooting during a robbery and her daughter Cameron is in need of a guardian. Her finger prints match up to you and your brothers. Your fathers name is also on her birth cert but your father has been missing for quite some time?"

He couldn't believe he had a little sister he didn't know about. He thought to himself 'She is probably so scared and doesn't know whats going on. I don't even know what age she is?'

"Uh..ye he has been missing for quite some time. What age is Cameron?"

"Oh she is five." That made sense since Margaret left five years ago. So she must of only found out she was pregnant. When she left.

"So will you be her guardian?" Lisa asked eagerly hoping that the poor child wouldn't have to go through the horrible foster system.

"Yes I'll gladly take her in. But just for safe measures when she gets to Michigan. I'll take a DNA test." Lisa fully understood his resons. 'I mean if someone rang out of no where saying you had a little sister you would want a DNA test.'

"Okay. I'll send you all the papers you need to sign and you just send them back. I'll get her on the next flight once we pack up all of her things. Bye." Lisa quickly hung up to tell the little girl the great news.

Owen couldn't get over the fact he had a little sister. What would his brothers think? Would they want Cameron in the house? Owen doesn't even know how to take care of a five year old.

Their small town house had only three bedrooms unless they turned their office room into her new bedroom. But she would have to share till then.

Owen thought it would be best if he told his brothers after work. Since he only had two hours left and he still had to do a lot of work if he wanted to stay off. To help Cameron settle in.

Back in Florida...

When Lisa got off of the phone. She turned to Cameron who was drawing on a page that Officer Miller had given her to keep her occupied. She was using crayons she had in her bag.

Lisa walked over to where she sat and crouched down to the little girls height.

"What are you drawing?" Lisa asked looking at the scribbles on the page. Caneron looked up at her smiling. Pointing with her little finger.