Love at First Letter - 12

Chapter Twelve

Brett Tinsley,

So I saw my uncle. It went really well. My cousin woke up which is a good thing, but she doesn't remember anything, not even who she is. It's hard watching her like that, having to tell her the same thing every morning when she wakes up. The doctor's don't know when she's going to start remembering again, or if she ever will. I guess when she was in the accident she had hit her head on the glass or the dash, I'm not quite sure, and it caused her to not be able to remember anything. I don't know why I'm telling you all of this, but I feel like I can trust you.

My uncle showed you a picture of me? Well, that's unfair seeing as I have no idea what you look like. So describe yourself. I want to know what you look like.

If you would like, when you return home you can borrow my collection of Harry Potter and all the companion books. They can get quite expensive. I would love to meet your sisters and I'm sure I could coax Logan Parker into meeting them as well.  I did meet him and you're assumption was correct, he genuinely does care for all of his fans. And you can't tell anyone this, but we're writing a werewolf novel together. I'm not sure how well that's going to turn out or if I can even write a story like that. But we will see how it goes.

I'll be waiting for your next letter,

Hazel Tate

I had a few days break before I was due back to Kacie's office where she would edit all of the chapters I got done while I was away. My aunt and uncle call me everyday to update me on Hanna's condition and still she hasn't gotten any better. She still has no idea who she is or who her parents or her brother are when she wakes up every morning. They repeat the story to her every day; she was in an accident and she's been unconscious for a month and a half, they explain who everyone is and they show her a picture of me, but nothing. She never remembers anything, but even though the doctors seem optimistic, its hard to be positive. 

I've been trying to sit down at my computer and write something for the last three hours, but nothing. Everything I write just wasn't sounding good. I slammed my laptop shut, crossing my arms and leaning back against the chair. Writing when I was unfocused like this was only going to lead to more trouble for me down the road, so I opted for not writing at all.

I needed a distraction, someone who could take me mind off of all this stuff happening and just have fun with. So a few moments later, I picked up my phone and called their number.

"Hello." The voice sounded from the other side of the line.

"Hey, are you busy?"

"I'm never too busy for you."

"You think you could meet me somewhere?" 

 "Meet me downtown, we can go for some lunch."

"Sure, half an hour."

It wasn't long before I was sat across from Logan. He was staring at me, his eyes calculating. We didn't say anything as we gave our orders to the waitress, who tried and failed to get the author's attention. It was almost comical if I still wasn't worrying about everything.

"Did you want to start working on our book, is that why you called me down here?" Logan asked me. He barreled through the fried pickles sat in the middle of the table and was already on his third refill of sweet tea. "I kind of got from the last time we met that you aren't the procrastinating type. Which is fine, but I always seem to do my best writing when I've got a fire under my ass, also known as my editor. Shes a little frightening at times, especially when I'm coming close to a deadline." He didn't seem like he was going to stop talking. "But she's the best in the business--"