Year 3-2 | The Grim

❝︎If you want, I'll hex him❞︎

3-2: The Grim

The choir finished singing and went back to their tables as the students all clapped for them. Dumbledore rose from his seat standing at the very end of the great hall.

"Welcome, welcome to another year of Hogwarts. Now I'd like to say a few words before we start our feast. First, please welcome Professor R.J. Lupin, our new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher," Another round of applause broke out as professor Lupin rose from his seat bowing. I recognized him right away, the man that saved Harry from the dementor.

"Potter," I looked behind Harry's shoulder to notice Draco calling out for him whispering.

"Potter!" He whispered a little louder gaining Ron, Harry, and Hermione's attention.

"Is it true you fainted?" The boy next to him acted out fainting as Malfoy smirked. "I mean you actually fainted?"

"Shove off Malfoy," Ron spat turning Harry back around.

"Just forget it," Hermione said glaring at Draco, Dumbledore's voice drowned out in the background.

"....Fortunately this place will be taken by none other.. than Rubeus Hagrid," I wasn't exactly sure what was going on, something about him becoming the next care for magical creatures professor. Nonetheless I joined everyone else and started to clap for him.

"Finally on a more serious note, as a request from the ministry of magic, Hogwarts will, until further notice, have dementors of Azkaban placed on each entrances until Sirius Black in captured," Whispers filled the great hall. That's why a dementor had gotten on the Hogwarts express, though it still didn't quite explain why it attacked Harry.

"Whilst I have been assured that they'll not disrupt our day to day activities, a word of caution to all of you. Dementors are vicious creatures, they will not distinguish between the one they hunt and the one that get in their way. Therefore I must warn each and everyone one of you to not give them any reason to harm you. It is not in their nature to be forgiving. But you must know, happiness can be found even in the darkest times" He concluded sitting back down letting the feast begin.

~***~

"Together.. We will cast ourselves into the future!" I jumped up a little after dozing off for a bit. I never dozed off in the middle of class, I guess my sleep schedule had been ruined recently. Professor Trelawney of Divination class was an.. interesting woman. I didn't exactly believe in this future seeing class, Hermione was lucky when she chose Ancient runes over divination.

"This time we'll be focusing on the art of reading tea leaves! Take the cup of the person sitting opposite of you!" She said. The way she spoke, her tone, her outfit, everything, just made her look like a lunatic. Sitting across from me was Romilda Vane. She was a very pretty girl with long black curly hair. She gave me her cup and I handed her mine, Trelawney's voice drowned out in the background once again. I stared at the cup closely, I really tried to see if there was anything there but all I saw was just some ink everywhere randomly on a tea cup.

"I don't see anything," I sighed putting the tea cup down only to realize Romilda wasn't even looking at my cup. I turned around following her gaze, there, Trelawney was hunched over Harry Ron and Hermione's table as Ron flipped through his textbook. Wait, when did Hermione get here? I thought she was taking Ancient Runes.

"He's cute isn't he?" Romilda said.

"Sorry?"

"Harry potter. You're his friend right? Do you think you could-" She was cut off by Trelwaney's sudden shriek throwing the tea cup back down on the table, drawing everyone's attention toward her.