XXIV.

TW: mentions of child abuse
When Spencer and Ace start talking about Beckman, I'd advise y'all to play Pretty Boy by the Neighbourbood.

"A seminar?"

"A seminar?"

Spencer nods, turning on his side to look at you, his left hand trailing absent-mindedly up your stomach. "Mhm, a seminar on correlating serial killers and abuse."

You raise your eyebrows. "Damn, good for you Mr. Big Shot. I guess Caltech wanted the big shot genius FBI doctor to come lecture instead of me."

He laughs, sitting up on the bed. "Shut up, Ace." He looks down at you, his hazel eyes searching your face. "Do you—uh, do you wanna come with me?"

You sit up, surprised by his offer. "Hotch would let me go with you?"

"Mhm. We'll only be gone for two days, Ace."

You grin at him. "Yeah, sure. It'll be weird to see Caltech again after so many years, though."

"I think it'll be fun." Spencer grins, rubbing your knee.

"When do we leave?" You ask, slinging your legs over the side of the bed.

"Four hours."

"Four hours?"

You jump off the bed, groaning softly as you walk out of you and Spencer's room, glancing at some of the unpacked boxes around his living room. You smile to yourself as you head into the kitchen, starting up the Keurig before walking back into the bedroom, picking up your go bag. You dump the contents onto the bed, throwing the dirty clothes in the hamper.

You open up the closet, picking out a couple of nice pairs of clothes, folding them as you walk back over to your go bag. You shove the clothes inside before you rifle through the dresser drawer, picking some comfy clothes, socks, and some panties. Spencer looks at you with an amused expression on his face, eyes glancing at the panties.

"Keep your eyes to yourself, brainiac," you tease, folding the clothes before putting them in your go bag. You put your toiletries in the bag before grabbing your phone charger. You coil it up and put it in the bag, zipping it up.

Spencer grabs your hand and pulls you to him, laughing as you collapse onto the bed next to him. You giggle as he wraps his arms around you, pulling you onto his lap, straddling him. He grins at you, and you push his hair out of his face, running your fingers through it. His hands rest on your lower back, fingers running under the hem of your shirt.

"Brainiac, we have to get ready to go to the airport," you murmur as you feel his lips connect with your neck.

"I don't care," he mumbles between kisses, sucking lightly on your skin.

His hands slip under your shirt, moving up your bare back lightly. His lips run across your jaw before hovering over yours. You grin at him, fingers still running through his hair. His hazel eyes look into yours before he kisses you, his lips moving against yours quickly. You kiss him back just as eagerly, feeling his nails press lightly into your back as they travel back down. You moan softly, fingers twisting in his hair as you pull him closer to you.