17 | The Only Exception

"And I've always lived like this
Keeping a comfortable, distance
And up until now
I had sworn to myself that I'm content
With loneliness
Because none of it was ever worth the risk
But, you are, the only exception
You are, the only exception"
- Paramore

"And I've always lived like this Keeping a comfortable, distance And up until now I had sworn to myself that I'm content With loneliness Because none of it was ever worth the risk But, you are, the only exception You are, the only exception" - Par...

"Brae, how old are you today mama?" I asked while recording her.

"I'm five years old!" She held up her hand and I leaned down to give her a high five. I posted onto my story and leaned down to kiss her forehead.

"Good job, mama. Go ahead and play. Daddy will bring your cake out in a few." She cheesed and ran off to play with her cousins. Brynn and I went back and forth about what we wanted to do for her birthday before just deciding on throwing a party at the house and invited all the family over.

"Hey, Gabriel!" I twisted up my face, looking for whoever is calling me by my full name. I became even more confused when I seen the Moses nigga from Vegas. I still don't care for his ass because it's obvious he's in love with my wife.

"What you doing here, Micah?" Before he could respond Brynn walked over and greeted him with a hug.

"We can go talk in my office. Gabe, wait for me before you bring out the cake." I looked at her like she was crazy before following them to her office. For one, she's not supposed to be working today. Two, she doesn't even work with this nigga anymore. We walked into her office and she smiled over at me. "Or you can listen in. I was going to tell you later since I didn't want to sour your mood today. What were you able to work out, Moses?"

"I was able to get a plea agreement. Five years probation for a guilty plea. He won't get any prison time and he'll get to keep all of his assets." As soon as I figured out what was going on I became annoyed. I understand this is her decision, but I know she's not doing this because it's something she wants to do and that's the part that's pissing me off.

"Well if he doesn't want to go to prison then he'll accept the plea. Can you get him and his wife to sign this no contact order as well. I don't want any connection with any of them. I'm even dropping Adams from my name." Hearing her say that caught me completely off guard, but I'm all for it. She can cut Destiny wishy washy ass off too for all I care.

"I got it. They're expecting me in an hour, so I'm going to head over there now." Brynn went in one of her desk drawers, pulling out a check. I shook my head in disappointment as she signed it and handed it over to him.

"Thank you for doing this for me. I really appreciate it."

"I'm always here for you, Brynn." I let out a small laugh, reminding his goofy ass that I'm still standing here. Niggas really be embarrassing themselves thinking my wife would leave me to fuck with them. He left out the office and I went over to Brynn, pulling her into a hug.