Chapter Eight: Stolen Moments

The Next two weeks were spent in pure bliss, Katie was so convinced that it was all a dream and that at any moment she would wake up and it would come crashing down around her. Every morning she would wake up to find Han fast asleep next to her shirtless and in shorts. How she did it she didn't know but she had convinced him that he didn't have to wear layers upon layers while keeping her safe, it was the hottest summer record and she knew he had to have been dying with all those layers on. She had always been an early riser, (an old habit from when she was younger trying to make her parents happy by not being a lazy child), and would often steal precious moments adoring him while he was sleeping, sometimes running her hands up his well toned stomach or placing feather light kisses on his chest. She especially loved the mornings where he would pull her close and mummer her name in his sleep, the emotion in just her name was so clear and raw. The rest of the day they soon fell into a comfortable routine. She would make him breakfast to which he would devour every bite and then he would go out and try to find work. Sometimes she would go with him to stave off the boredom that came with being cooped up in the house all summer with no friends to hang with, other times she would force herself to stay home and catch up on her summer reading her English teacher was expecting her class to finish once School started back up in September. When he would get home they would do random things around the house, watch TV, chores, discuss things that they both found they liked, Normal everyday things. Then he would make them dinner, which usually ended up with a phone call to the nearest pizza joint. The only time they allowed themselves to show their affection was at night in the safety of her room. They would get ready for bed and only after she was tucked under her sheet (as a way of a barrier) would he take her in his arms and hold her throughout the night.

The life they were making was perfect. Han watched her as she slept, her face peaceful and untainted by the fear and anxiety that she carried with her during her waking hours. He was laying on his back and she was snuggled up against his side, her head on his chest above his heart, her hand draped carefree across his stomach, her legs though tangled in her sheet somehow managed to tangle with his. His left arm was acting as a pillow and held her just around the middle of her back. Her body fit against him in such perfection it was like she was molded to lay beside him like this. She looked lovely in the dark of her room captured in the depths of sleep, not that she didn't look lovely all the time. It was just something about her face as she slept, they were softer, older, wiser, Her ash blonde hair spilling out behind her and tickling his chest, her lips full and at that moment pouty like something in her dreams was upsetting her. A small whimper makes her stiffen and her muscle tense, her body shaking. Han grips her tighter, taking his right hand from behind his head he caresses her cheek and bringing his lips to her forehead, where deep lines were forming, and just like that whatever nightmare was digging their claws into her let go and she once again sank into a peaceful sleep. She shifts slightly, her hand falling lower, below his waist making him instantly freeze, his breath frozen somewhere between his lungs and his lips. He stares at her hand, which laid innocently on top of his most private area. Suddenly selfish and inappropriate lust and desire surges through him as he suddenly wishes she were much older. With a shake of his head he quickly banishes those thoughts from his mind and gingerly lifts her hand capturing her small hand in his, he brings it to his lips and brushes a kiss across her knuckles making her stir. Blinking she turns sleep filled eyes to him a lazy smile spreading across her face.

"Hmmmm hey" She says sleep slowing and slurring her words. She looks up at him and feels him holding her hand, she shakes her hand free only to weave her fingers with his. her smile is replaces with a small frown of worry, lifting herself onto one elbow she props herself up to get a better look at him. "What's wrong? you look startled or something." She asks, worry radiating in her words. Han silently curses at her uncanny ability to read him so easily. He musters up a smile and plasters it onto his face, bringing their hands to his lips ans kissing her knuckles again.

"Shhh nothing's wrong, you were about to have a nightmare but I chased it away." He whispers, not wanting to tell her about his selfish thoughts. She studies him a little longer, knowing there was Something he was hiding but he could tell she wasn't sure. " Go back to sleep angel, I'm not going anywhere." he says. He sees her blink at his nickname for her and her smile returns, her worry forgotten. She settles back down, snuggling up to him once more, In a moment of sleepy bravery she kisses his chest, nipping it with her teeth with more bravery then she would have if she was fully awake. A shudder of undiluted raw lust washes over him a moan of pleasure bubbles up from deep inside him. She giggles and lays her head back down, falling asleep in a matter of seconds. Han on the other hand was to revved up. She didn't realize the full power she had over him and what that small tease did to him. his breath ragged he waits a few agonizing minutes before carefully untangling her from him, quietly leaving her room he rushes to the bathroom. Turning the shower to the coldest setting possible he jumps in, trying hard to cool himself down before he did anything stupid.

What was this girl doing to him?