(Chapter 26) Hocus Pocus (2k special)

Y/n P.O.V

Knock knock

"Y/n? Can I come in" Mom asks as she pokes her head in.

"Well you kinda already are but sure" I say sarcastically.

She walks over and sits on my bed. The same bed that I'm currently lying in. Curled up into a ball with just my head popping out to rest on a pillow.

"I heard you got into a fight today" She says calmly.

"Oh, so that's why you're here" I say as I dig my head under my pillow in an attempt to avoid the convocation.

"Y/n" Mom says frustratedly.

I pop my head out and give her an angry pout.

"You're old enough so that I don't have to run through all the typical phrases like, use your words not your fists. But I heard that little Aphmau was in trouble" She says. I don't say anything, I just give her a sad nod. "Well I think standing up for her was the right thing to do. But please avoid throwing punches, I don't like seeing you get hurt"

"I know mum. I heard the same thing from Lucinda" I agitatedly say.

"Well she's clearly a smart girl then"

"Yeah, she is" I say reminiscing on how amazing my girlfriend is. I hear mom give a slight chuckle. "What?"

"Nothing sweetie, I'm just glad you two found each other. Speaking of which. When am I gonna meet her?" She asks curiously.

I freeze and blush slightly. "I....I don't know. Umm" I say, flustered.

"Well I accidentally brought a big roast yesterday. I don't think we could eat it all so it could be a good chance for her to come round. If she wants to?" She says trying to act innocent.

"Completely accidentally huh?" I joke. "I don't know is she's really one for family gatherings" I lie.

Mom looks at me with sad puppy dog eyes.

"Fine, I'll ask" I say as a sign of defeat.

"Good. Little Aphmau will also be there with her mom. Now head to bed, you got school tomorrow" She says as she stands up and walks out the room. She grabs the door and begins to close it only for her to stop half way. "It's cute that you already think of her as part of the family" She jokes as she closes the door.

Lucinda P.O.V

Tap tap tap

I'm currently standing out side of potions class, tapping my foot in frustration while waiting for Y/n. And sure enough that's who comes running round the corner.

"Sorry I'm late" She spits out in between huffs of breath.

"It's alright, now come on" I say as we walk in and over to my desk.

There's 9 other students in the class, not including Y/n, and 6 of them have a familiar. We're all at our desks with a large cauldron with lots of vials filled with various ingredients to the left, and to the right sits a recipe book up on a stand. The familiars are all sitting on the desk by the recipe book. All besides Y/n.

"Should I be on the desk?" She asks.

"Only if you want to be" I retort.

"Okay students" The teacher starts. "Today we will be brewing a teleportation potion. The instructions will be on page 174 of your recipe book"

"Should I shift?" Y/n asks.

"For spell casting it would be better, but for this it's up to you" I say.

"Why's it better for spell casting?" She asks.

"Okay so basically. There is a piece of my soul which has latched itself onto yours. That piece is effectively harnessing the magical energy that you naturally produce and transferring it to me. The further away I am from that piece, the less I feel it's effects. So when you're a cat, there's less mass in the way so one, I can be closer to you and two, there's less interference from your body, being that it is smaller" I explain.

"Okay. Didn't fully understand but I got the point" She jokes causing me to chuckle slightly.

"Now since I'm the witch here, only I can brew the potion. So can you hand me the ingredients as I list them out" I instruct.

"Yes ma'am" She jokes while giving a small salute. She walks over to the vials and I start to list off ingredients.

Eventually all the ingredients are in and we're ready to start brewing.

"You want me to stir?" Y/n asks. I click my fingers.

Snap

And the spoon flys up, into the cauldron and starts to stir the potion on its own.

"Nevermind" Y/n jokes.

"That's everything, now we wait" I say. Y/n nods and leans against the desk, looking like she's trying to think of what to say. "Babe? What's up?"

"Well. You don't have to if you don't want to. But my moms invited you to dinner tonight. So if you wanna the options there. But you don't have to" Y/n rambles.

"Y/n" I cut her off and lean in to kiss her on the check. "I'd love to"

Fizzle

We look over and see that the potion is fizzling.

"You did brew it correctly right?" Y/n asks nervously as we both very slowly step back.

"Yeah. Did you hand me the right ingredients?" I ask as we continue backwards.

"Well there were two that sounded the same so I maybe might have picked up the wrong one"

"But one's explosive"

"Which one was the right one?"

"What do you think?"

"Oh. Soooo?"

"Explosion equals bad"

"Oh no"

Poof

"Well done Lucinda, looks like it's ready" The teacher cheerfully congrats. We both take a sigh of relief.

"If it exploded would it have killed us?" Y/n asks.

"Possibly, what would you have done?"

"I would have spent my last few moments questioning why you trusted me with such an important task" She jokes.

"Well we didn't die so good job" I lean in and kiss her on the check again.

"Now comes the exciting part!" The teacher says. "Testing your potion"

"Who's testing it?" Y/n asks.

"Well...." I say nervously.

"Well testing potions is a job for a familiar"

"Oh" Y/n retorts.

==================================================================================

Hi PTH here

So lots of thing today. First off, thanks soooooo much for 2k views. I'm so glad you lot are enjoying this. Honestly I would go on about how thankful I am and believe me I did but then I read through it and realised it was pretty much the same as what I said for 1k so basically (insert 1k thanks here). On a serious note though it really does me a lot. Second off, I was planing to release this on Friday as I've been writing this over the last few days but I saw that I got 2k earlier so I finished it up. Basically this might count as Friday's chapter so either on Friday will be a small chapter or no chapter. Also I hope that whole paragraph that Lucinda said helps explain is the familiar thing works. Also I did intend on the 2k special being the dinner with Lucinda but you lot read too much. Not that that's an issue. Anyway that's all for now. Thanks again for 2k. Byyyyye.

Goodbye and goodnight
Thanks for reading